Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon the tardiness of this report. I did get to make a trip to my favorite pier, the City Pier in PC earlier this month. The first part of the trip featured horrendous weather and virtually no fish. 30-40 mph winds, 7-8 foot seas, the roughest surf I had ever seen, cloudy water, and yuck!! On the 11th, things began to turn around. The Spanish came so thick, I even caught a limit. They were hitting one of my favorite baits, the bubble rig and straws or Clark spoons. On the 12th, I actually brought a small king to gaff. This saved the trip for me. The king was on live alewife. It turned out to be a fair trip. Hardtails, ladyfish, and bait was plentiful the last days. There were several of the locals that I had fished with before that were targeting the passing pods of Tarpon with swim baits. When these were sighted it was almost like the scene when the first Cobia begin to show up. That being said, pier-fishing is "what it is". There is always the X factor. The hardtail crew, the more inexperienced, googanish warrior with the pyramid weight and split drop rig with cable and Mardi Gras beads who casts at a 45 degree angle over several anglers attempting to free- line live bait off the end of the pier.😡😡The youthful, exuberant crew who are possibly frequent fliers and love to be loud and expressive to impress the tourist, the late evening spectators walking out on the pier from Margueritaville who just want to watch the sunset. In fairness I must add that at some point I fit in at least one of these groups... and I still love pier fishing and if God lets me live I will be very excited to spend another day with them all. I will try to post a couple of pics. One is some of the Spanish. The other is the king. I am the guy holding the "snake", not the 6'7 kid.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts