Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a real long report but I'll give the main details.

Went offshore with a customer of ours on his 335 Pursuit along with his dad and close family friend. Hit some bottom spots around yellow gravel and got some nice beeliners, scamp and a 50lb AJ. Hooked a big Sandbar Shark too that beat his dad up pretty good.

Ran south to the Spur for some swording. 8 boats out. Chatted with 4 different guys and only heard of 1 sword caught, which seems the complete opposite of the night before. Got 2 Blackfin Tuna. Trolled at sunup and headed North to the pocket of cobalt north of the Squiggles.

Hooked a 400-450lb Blue Marlin 3 times. Teased it up and fed it all 3 times and just couldn't keep a hook in there. Fish kept coming back. Got the Wahoo of a lifetime at the spur. Weighed 102lbs back at the dock, 77 inches. If she had a little more girth to her she would've pushed 110lbs or so. Was very excited to deck a 'Hoo over the century mark.

Water at he Spur was nice blue/green and got worse than a whole lot better north of the squiggles. Weedline formed about 15 miles NE of the Spur. Lots of bait on it as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hoss! Congrats, everyone in the country would hear me hollaring if I caught one over 100#

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Awesome fish Chris! Def. a once in a life time fish! If it's ok to ask, what did he/she eat?

Robert

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn man nice fish to bad it wasn't a tourney.
I wouldn't have caught him if I was in a tourney. Unless the winning fish was 102.2 or some ridiculously close number. I have a history of bringing wahoo in to tournaments that are only a few tenths of a pound shy of the 1st or 2nd place mark. As long as I'm consistent, I will never win 1st place on a Wahoo!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
When you told me about it yesterday at the store I was hoping you had a picture to post .. Nice

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I had a pic of the Blue but she must have a bill and mouth made of titanium. Hooks are apparently useless on that one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts