Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing bob sykes lately and have had a little luck with the reds. Crazyfire caught the biggest white trout I've ever seen on the first trip and I caught a decent bull. On my second trip I caught another bull, an almost slot red at 27 1/4! Some white trout, blues, and a ton of pig fish. I have a pic of the trout and one of the bulls.....i'll post as soon as my g/f gives me my camera back.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Yea pig fish seem to be the going thing out there right now. I won't even think about throwing out a Gulp shrimp because of the little F'ers. They just tear it up. They make good cut bait though. I caught a ginormous red last weekend on cut pig fish. We broke 2 peir nets trying to get the red up on the bridge. I finally cut the line so we didn't kill him. I am guessing 40+ inches. I have seen quite a few reds caught out there lately, some white trout and a couple of blues and black drum.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Konz,

I make a point of reading your reports. It really seems like yall have a lot of fun on the bridge. Just a question, if you don't mind, How many are in the bunch or brotherhood, that you fish with?It would seem there is a sizeable group, I just have wondered how many is in it?

Another, nice report, by the way.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We always have a good time Garbo, even if we don't catch anything! The amount of people differs from time to time, but the people I usually fish with are Crazyfire and his dad, Yankee, Yankee 2, (father and son),surfstryker, and of course my g/f. Every now and then there are a few more folks thrown in. Come to think of it, I met all these guys fishing. I met Yankee the night I caught my first red, crazyfire and his dad shark fishing from shore, and surfstryker out on the T pier fishing for shark.

All are good people with a bunch of fishing knowledge.

·
Registered
829 Posts
yea i wanna see the pic of that white trout....BEAST. hopefully we can hit the bridge this weekend and land a nice red...either that...or just kill 500 pig fish. either way...lines are in the water.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey, Pigfish taste pretty good just not a lot of meat on them. They make excellent bait for offshore too. I would love to have alive well full of them when I head out next time. Hopefully they will move to the Pickens Pier so I can load up with them on the way out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
ive been hearing that alot lately...i always thought they were just trash fish...but everyone i have talked to says they have eaten them and they dont taste bad...maybe ill try it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the report Ray.Pity about the fish being a tad big.I was out there last week ,and caught a bunch of small trout/ pig/ pins/ and one blue.The black drum should be starting to bite more frequent soon.Hope to see you out there onre day.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure you will Liam, I've been fishing Bobs more frequently now. I think I'll be heading out that way on Friday night. Maybe I'll see ya out there.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh man, I went out to the T pier thinking I'd hook into a bull or two but it didn't happen. The g/f got cold and we had to head in a little early. All I ended up catching was some ground mullet and a white trout.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.