Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out of town to New Orleans on Saturday so i didnt have a chance to post up the report till now.

I snuck out of work a lil bit early Fri and hit the pass for some sheepie action. It was pretty much non stop but you had to be pretty close to the jetties to be consistent. I will be 100% honest. If i wouldnt have had a peddle drive i would have been outta luck!! The wind was fairly stiff and there were alot of boats anchored around. I could have fit in between the boats easily but they kept shifting with the tide and wind so it could have been bad news. I chose to slip around on the downwind, down current side of the jetties and peddle up to the jetties and drop on top of them.. Obviously i had this side to myself cause no one in a boat could safely stay as close to the jetties as i could. I took advantage of this and filled my cooler until it was hard to close. In fact i had the biggest sheepie ive ever caught knock the lid off the cooler and flop back into the water:banghead Oh well, he lives to fight another day.. It was a great day on the water and lots of meat in the freezer! Oh and some FANTASTIC fish tacos when i got home!! :poke

the only downside of the day was losing my net on the ride back home.. so if anyone finds acheap walmart net on the side of Blue Angel, let me know..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice job man. I love seeing yaker reports of out-fishing the big boats!

What kind of bait? I've been getting them on shrimp.

Alex

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been fishing with fiddlers. i dont have a kayatank or any kind of livewell so i would have to tow the shrimp behind me so ive opted for crabs. plus they stay alive for days without having to do anything to them. in fact, i have about 2.5 dozen out in my garage waiting for me to fish with them tomorrow afternoon... only downfall is so far i have only caught sheepies so i might switch to shrimp here pretty soon. i would like to add some pompano and redfish to my box:letsdrink i think tomorrow im gonna bring some pompano jigs and some gulps

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
A refish will eat a fiddler crab in a heartbeat if its in front of his face.

Another idea is to use sand fleas, sheepies will eat them in an instant, so will pomps and reds. JMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts