Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we left the truck at 5am this morning for a 45 minute walk in. at 6;40 had one gobble about 150 yards out. moved in to the edge of the swamp and set up. he gobbled 4 more times in the next 20 minutes. we saw some hens fly to him and he never said another word. we figured that they went away from us towards a pasture. so we hit the road to try to get ahead of them. we never could get any response. so i had to be at work around 8;30. we decided to head out and try it tomorrow. on the way back to the truck we came on a hill. we stopped and i called. 1 gobbled across the branch. we eased down the road a bit and crossed the branch. crow called and he gobbled about 150/200 out. i set up on 1 thinned row. allen set up on one 2 rows away and his friend(hooter) set in between us.allen and i started a hen fight to fire him up. he gobbled so hard it sounded like he was screaming. then we talked sweet, promised him love and gave him the world. about 7;50- allen's buddy(hooter) gave him a headache. 9 inch beard and 1 1/8 spurs. he was light-not much more than 16/18 pounds. i made it back to the truck about 8;40 and at work a little before 9. going tomorrow to sweet talk the first one we found.i'll try to get a pic from allen tomorrow....................tony

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I couldn't think of a better way to start the morning or for better reasonto bea lil latefor work either!!LOL Congrats and good luck tomorrow morning! :usaflag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts