Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Daphne pilings agin last tuesday morning and the bite was steady form day light until we left at 10. We caught specks and white trout on about every bait we tried. The larger fish we caught on top water, doa, and the m17. While the soft plastic seem to pruduce more white trout and under sized speck.
Fish Fish Herring Oily fish Fish products

Fished Bon Secqour Saturday and it was slow to start with only 2 small hits on top water early, so i switched over to live shrimp and was able to locate a good school of fish. Once i was able to pin them down i manage to get the last half of my limit on the DOA and save my shimrp for greener pasture. After getting my specks i moved on to see if the reds where in the same area we had been having good luck and managed 2 slot fish with a bonus flounder to finish the day. The rat to slot rate was about 15 to 1 there is a lot of small rat reds in that area. I did manage to catch my buddys dad coming in from shrimping and got a 1/2 box of pick outs to take home.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We launch at the may day peir in Daphne and it is at the end of college ave. I would go to google map put in college ave and look from there north and you will see. There is also a state reef at the end of one set of pilings that may be on the public maps.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I've been to May Day scouting launch spots on a windy day. Saw lots of old piers that looked like good winter spots. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts