Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Austin
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s about 6:00 and I get a txt from Flguy32514 asking if I wanted to try our luck on some sharks...Well being the person that will go sharkin anytime I can, said yes. I got the 9/0 ready, my surf rod, and yak and made my way out to the beach. Find a good spot and started to try and catch some blue fish. After about three times that my line got bit off I decided to try a double 40# mono leader, and it worked like a champ. By that time FLguy32514 was just getting out there and we started to bait up. I took his out first then came back and grabbed mine and commenced to paddling. After some technical difficulties on his line we reel it in to reset. As I’m paddling his bait back out I hear my 9/0 go off...I know there are sharks in there but hearing that reel go off while I'm out there 300 yards made my heart skip a few beats. I paddle back in as fast as I can and start the fight! He gave me a good 20 min fight and started to cooperate...until he was on the beach. He had so much energy left in him that being the novice shark fisherman I am had me little hesitant. But it all worked out. Took the hook out and had a safe release. One of the best parts is when the tourist asks what I'm fishing for and I say sharks, they look at me like I'm the dummy for thinking there are sharks out there. Then they see that there really are. Overall it was a good night. Thanks Flguy32514 for all the help. We will get you one next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Your so hooked!!!! You better start catching twice as much bait! Im pretty sure Amber and you are going to be doing a lot of sharking. Great looking shark! Lets go again soon. We will get Max some good hooks and take him with us:whistling: UGLY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts