Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I plan to go grouper/trigger fishing east of Destin tomorrow. If anyone in the FWB/Destin area has interest, let me know. We usually split fuel/bait, but it shouyld not be that bad since we will only be 20 miles out max...PM me.

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
Bump... I have fished with these guys. Someone oughta scarf this trip up...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Wade, I would already be in my truck, but the wife has to work tomorrow and notice is too short for her to work it out. Somebody is gonna have a good time. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We left at 7:15 New Years Eve. Went a bit further south than east this time. Was slick until about 10 miles out then became 2-3 chopin areas. Looked around for a bunch of my old loran spots. Found all the rocks - all but one wreck are gonzo after the hurricanes a couple of years ago. Grouper bite was not as hot south as it was east on Christmas Eve. Ended the day with a couple of small reds, a bunch or released fish (gags), a few scamps, and a handful of very nice triggers (and as usual all the snappers you could handle - why exactly is this season closed? They are EVERYWHERE). Bite was weird - put a live rockfish down and you had a bite in 10-15 seconds. Put a live mingo or white snapper and you had to wait a while...

Unfortunately, nothing worth taking pictures of this time.

Happy New Years to All!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts