Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I said last trip was the last for the year but it just didn't feel right. So we hit the river again tonight and smashed'em. With a 19lber being the big fish. Only after meeting the goal of over 1000 pounds of Flats for the year can I now rest in piece.

Once we got to the dock and got accurate weights of the fish with total poundage all fish was release but 2 channel cats and 5 small Flatheads.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
great way to end it...I still got to hit it one more time but hunting season is drawing me in pretty hard right now.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Cathunter: Nice haul. Please give us some "how-tos" to end your season.
Hook and line or bush-hooks?
What bait?
What depth?
Cover?

Reason I'm interested is I love to eat flathead and have a river cabin. But have never consistently caught flatties except on bush hooks.
Share please?

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cathunter: Nice haul. Please give us some "how-tos" to end your season.
Hook and line or bush-hooks?
What bait?
What depth?
Cover?

Reason I'm interested is I love to eat flathead and have a river cabin. But have never consistently caught flatties except on bush hooks.
Share please?
We catch all ours on Rod N Reel.
We have been using large shiners from Jims fish camp lately. They catch a lot of small fish but will catch big fish from time to time.
We caught all these fish in 5-15 feet of water.
Lots of Cover! If your not getting hung your not catching Flatheads.

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If you go this weekend with this Cold Front rolling in mixed with a big Full moon you will not be pleased with the results. You have got to get ahead of these fronts and moon phases to really get the cats.

Big Moon=Bad catfishing
Cold Front= Bad catfishing

Add them together and it will be a tuf night on the river.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts