Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd post a few pics from a couple real good trips the last couple of weekends of RS season.

I gave up fishing during the day since the practice of people running right up to you, stealing your number and hauling-butt, seems to have become standard procedure rather than an anomaly. After about the 10th time it was done to me, I went nocturnal. I leave the ramp at 6 or 7 and come home at daylight, just as the hoards arrive at the ramp.

Also I have discovered 1/0 4 x strong circle hooks, they have really improved my hook-up ratio. Every fish caught in these photos was caught in them, even a 34 pounder not pictured. It will blow your mind!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bite is at least twice as good at night, especially if there is a good moon. I generally limit out on RS and vermilion every time I go. The bi-catch includes white snapper, big eye, lesser AJ and lane.

The first time you do it its a little spooky but I've been doing it for 15 years now off and on. Its a great way to beat the heat. The down side is you have to be extremely careful about the weather. 20 percent rain chance 1 foot or less is my rule.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Whopper mango

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Dermatologists hope no one reads this.

Some nice, fat fish you have there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts