Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyle and Brody Hayes Invited Gary and I Squirrel Hunting at Their Lodge. Santa Brought Brody a AR Style 22 for Christmas and He was Excited to Use it on His First Experience Hunting Squirrels. The AM Hunting was Cold and Sqs didn't move but Katie Showed Brody Where Sqs Slept. We Managed to Shake a Few Outta Their Beds and Brody Connected on a Couple. The Mid Day Hunting Improved with Man Showing Brody 9 on the Outside and Getting 7. The Afternoon Hunt had Several Young Hunters Wanting to Go see what Squirrel Hunting with a Dog was About Daniel, Gavin, Joe, Charlie, and Wyatt joined Brody, Kyle, Gary and I. Anne and Spot Didn't disappoint, They stayed Split All Afternoon with the Young Hunters getting to Test their Shooting Skills on These Fast Timbering Cat Sqs. The Youngsters ended the Afternoon with 29 and A couple Hunters Outta Shotgun Shells with about Hour left to Hunt. I didn't get to See Her much but Anne was Sounding Good on the Wood All Afternoon, whether it was 50 yards or 500 yards, She is Really Doing some Nice Work. Thanks to Kyle for Allowing Us to Share in Brody's First Sq Hunt.

Stylish Katie

Stylish Lady's Man

http://youtu.be/RSagV266e9w

Godwin's Anne and Stylish Spot

·
Registered
393 Posts
That's awesome. Great way to get the kids into hunting. My Dad did the same for me. Still love to squirrel hunt whenever I can. Especially with the dog

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Looks like yall had a mess of fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Kids wont ever forget that ! Good job dads !:thumbup: We did that same thing without dogs. Guess it just took longer.:yes:

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
Looks like fun - think I rode with you or Gary probably 30 years ago on one of my first deer dog hunts. I remember Duwood, Stewart (son) all the Cabanass's including Amos. If I remember right you told me your truck had "4 on the floor and a fifth under the seat!" Y'all knew what you were doin with those deer dogs back then and looks like y'all are pretty good at the squirrell thing now!! Thanks for posting!! Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Awesome! I love to squirrel hunt. Never done it with a dog but I bet it's 10x as fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts