Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some major ups and downs between a couple hooks in me, a late night swim to find my cell phone, having to fish for a rod and reel for 45 minutes and the highlights of actually catching some decent fish!!! Great variety though and a lot of great visuals.

Had one morning where I found a couple groups of small Tarpon while Speck fishing. Saw about 6-7 fish that morning and caught 3 as a bonus to some very nice Trout.

A few outings on the lights produced big numbers, but the two mornings I fished grass beds in and along OB gave up the bigger fish including a couple Trout that fell just under and just over 26". Had great Redfish action as well and almost everything was caught on topwaters on those two excursions.

Hit the beachfront off Gulf Shores this morning for a couple hours before work. Had Shane Tanner with me, who writes for Alabama Outdoor News as well as Georgia Outdoor News. He got his first King and quite a few fat Spanish. He even let me catch a nice King :) That one came 8ft out of the water when it struck the live Threadfin.

Heading South tomorrow to the land of Snook. Hopefully get a few decent ones.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts