Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last American Red Snapper trip of the season

Year after year the grouper/snapper fishing off Madeira Beach, Florida, has been absolutely fantastic:

2020 has been, is, one of the best most consistent years ever.

10 A.M. Friday morning... The Captain who has become a legion in his own time, Captain Garett, Hubbard,

is ready and so are we:

Talk about being ready, the hard fighting, great eating, Gag Grouper:

Must admit we were not ready for a shark attack:

Talk about 'great eating,' the American Red Snapper:

What an honor having a real lady with us:

Saturday morning:

Trolling between stops can be very rewarding:

Looks like the ladies are teaching us the tricks-of-the-trade:

We learned our lessons well:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before we hit our bunks for the long ride home:

Back at the dock:

August 1, 2020, Amberjack season opens.

Are you ready for a fight?

Check out the action packed trip video:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'm actually curious... do you get paid to post the same pictures over and over of the commercial and charter fleets? Honest question.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Absolutely not. I have NEVER received a dime. I am a Florida native who is very proud of our state. I take great pride in showing the Sunshine State off. To me sharing is payment in full for living a live-time in our Paradise.
Picture from the past used to show that the latest mountain of fish was, is, on-going; not just a one time thing.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I see. Was just curious. The first several pictures were older and seemed like some of the others I'd seen before, so just wondered if you were like the paid promoter for Hubbards. :giggle:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I see. Was just curious"
No problem... Thanks for asking. It's by asking questions that we find out the truth.
Pictures: As stated the older pictures, going back to 2016, were used to show that our Florida has great fishing year after year. The AJ picture from the past was used to build interest in Amberjack fishing. All other pictures were from the 7/31/20 trip.
" paid promoter for Hubbards. " NEVER! I have a tremendous respect for the entire Hubbard's organization. Love the tradition which Captain Wilson Hubbard began in 1928. Today Captain Dylan Hubbard, Wilson's grand son, (generation #4) remains a hands-on owner. In addition, Hubbard's has always been a strong fighter against Sector Separation... Good for business; lousy for fishing.
Bottom line: I talk so much about Hubbard's because they put what is best for fishing first. I respect that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts