Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking about that, this morning. Josh, Dusty and Tim's Bag may be more than just a Winning Bag. I could see where their Bag Weight may be something that has never been done before. Anyone know how to find out? Wouldn't it be cool to see such a monumental event and Benchmark set right here in Pensacola.....And by a such a great group of guys.

Anyone know of, or can findan Aggregate Bag Weight in a one day or two day Inshore Slam Tournament that would eclipse theirs?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I looked into this on Sunday, the problem is not many records are available. I found that the largest weight to ever win the Bud Light was around 16.5 lbs, that is also what won the month long tourney put on by Gulf Breeze Bait & Tackle. The other problem is what the panhandle calls aslam is not what most of the state of Florida calls a slam, some replace our flounder with a snook while others also include permit. It is also not comparable to slams in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana because of the slot is bigger in those states. I have come to the conclusion it has to be the largest weight in the slam for this area. Who knows it might not last long the Bud Light is just over a month away. The only difference between the Bud Light and The Outcast Tourney is one of them actually pays something to win it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not that I am capable of winning either one, but which would you prefer Doug a Blazer Bay you could sell for $20,000 or a Sundance you would be lucky to get rid of for $6,000. I know the economy is bad but how can Outcast give away much better prizes than the Bud Light with less boats? SeemslikeOutcast may actually be looking out for the anglers more than the other tournament.I am not hating on the Bud Light just stating my opinion, I actually registered for the Bud Light this morning.

·
Banned
470 Posts
You know which one i would want! I agree on the boats you would think that the bud light would be able to get a pathfinder,hewes,triton,maverick,cape,ranger,sterling,shearwater,or lake and bay, etc. ! i would rather them give 10k instead of a boat you can't get rid of. its kinda like racing anascar race and them giving you a kia for first place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wondering if you can receive assistance from anyone or any other boat in the Budlight? I know in Tommy's tourney you can't receive any type of assistance or you are D-Qued...(like floating bait in a bucket)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats to the winners. :bowdown That is a hell of a bag. Does any one know if they fishedin Pensacola or did they make a run?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Beef Bus, The rules for the Bud light are pretty much the same with the exception that you can get fuel in the Bud Light. These tournaments are just trying to keep us as honest as they can. Hell, at the weigh-in for the Outcast they had a polygraph set up inside Daybreak, I had to take it because the junior angler winner was on our boat and I had to prove he caught the fish we said he caught. I think what Outcast did with the polygraph being on site was a great idea.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
They fished locally, yes. I talked to the guys yesterday and had they had the option to make a long run, they might not have won and certainly not had the day they had (30 trout over 4 pounds).

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since posting this question I have gotten 2 Private Messages saying they caught larger weight inshore Slam Bags.

One was in a GBBT Tournament - Over 20lbs.

One was in 1994 - Over 21lbs.

Isent reply back topost the same thing with somedetails on this thread, Maybe everyone will gettoread about some AWESOME inshore bags.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Garbo (5/20/2009)Since posting this question I have gotten 2 Private Messages saying they caught larger weight inshore Slam Bags.

One was in a GBBT Tournament - Over 20lbs.

One was in 1994 - Over 21lbs.

Isent reply back topost the same thing with somedetails on this thread, Maybe everyone will gettoread about some AWESOME inshore bags.

the GBBT was a month long agg., like to know the tourney for the 21#'s and if it was a one day

·
Registered
82 Posts
It was caught in one day and all fish were caught in the same location not during a tournament though.All the fish were weighed at joe patti seafood. It can happen to anyone on any given day to anyone

·
Registered
775 Posts
reeltrouble, that is fine and dandy...also a very GOOD trip fpr sure. How ever it was not in a tournament. That is the real question. What is the record inshore slam for a tourney that is one day or even 2 days for that matter. I caught one last year the week after the inshore slam that was rediculous...on one dock. BUT it doesn't matter because I didn't win 42K cash and prizes with it on a Saturday with boat traffic etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts