Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Phillips HD rear projection TV that has too much blue, and the convergence is messed up on the blue, and could not be fixed with the menue controls. So I took the back off and tried to manually adjust the blue lens angle, and intensity with the knob, and got it somewhat better, but not right.

Anybody know ofsomeonewho does this, and comes to your home? TV is big and pain to move, 60 somethin inches. I'm in Gulf Breeze, on the far east side. And also what would hte price be? Seen some pretty cheap ones on craigslist, if it's real expensive, I'll just buy another one

Thanx

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The first time I had that problem with my Hitachi, I took it to Thompson Bros. on 9th. (I think they might have moved, but I'm not sure.)

Anyway, a few hundred dollars later, it was fixed... for about a year.

The second time I had the same problem, with the price of LCDs and Plasmas getting so low, I couldn't see paying for another repair.
I did some research online, found schematics for my tv, and ordered new convergence circuit chips for about $35.

I unsoldered the old chips, and soldered the new chips in. Never a problem since then (knock on wood!!) going on two years now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have used these folks in the past with good results and they makehouse calls. I think it was around $60 to come out and givean estimate.

<span class=pp-place-title>Glenn's Advanced Home Theater Repair?
<span class="pp-headline-item pp-headline-address">4865 West Spencer Field Road
Milton, FL 32571-1232
<span class="pp-headline-item pp-headline-phone"><span class=telephone><NOBR>(850) 994-9598</NOBR>?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
clay try having your youngest for once having perfect aim with a dum dum and hit your 52in flat screen.. so now im looking at rainbow up the middle....... TV is only 2 yrs old.... oh it does have a warranity left.. but not for accidental damage.... lol.... figures...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts