Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a laptop, any suggestion on what or what not to buy? Memory - hard drive size?? Any help or suggestion (even if I don't use them) willl be appreciated

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Ed,

I am in the IT field and can make a recommendation. I have ordered several different brands for various companies and individuals but the one that seems to hold up the best and have the best price per performance features will be Dell.

I will be glad to assist you with specific numbers (i.e. memory, hard drive, etc.) if I get a little better idea of what you want to do with it. You will want more performance if you will be gaming with it as opposed to just surfing the net.

Feel free to email me with a bit more detail if you wish and I will be glad to assist you.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Ditto on Dell............ I went on line to there refurb department and got a great discount on a couple of units. The refurbs are offered with the same as new warrantee. As far as HD recommendations, more detail will be needed as to exactly what you plan to use it for, ie: music, video, office work, home stuff, photo's files, ect. I am not well versed with the current stuff, but I will pass this on to you (I have 7 computers in my office and two laptops). As far as power and HD space, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. With that being said, I am sure somebody on here can hook you up with some great suggestions... Good luck. T

·
Registered
222 Posts
Chris (Forum Admin.) is a Dell dealer and can work with you to get a good deal as well as help you with what components would best suit your needs. Even if you know what you want in regards to hardware, give him a call before you purchase, he may be able to help you with the pricing stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts