Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Langdon Beach was beautiful on Monday; sunny and warm. But the water was cold and clear; a few rolling waves.

We set out rods by noon, tried peeled shrimp and fishbites. NOTHING at all; not a single bite.

The guy next to us (200m down the beach) was there when we arrived. He'd hooked one "fish", fought it until it broke the line, and announced it was a big drum.
It fought more like a ray.
"No, it was a fish."
"And penguins aren't birds?"
Confusion! :thumbup:

Worth the time, but no luck. We left before dark.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple pomps were caught on Okaloosa island yesterday, maybe things will be picking up soon
Hope so. It's cold and rainy here in northern Mississippi, and I'm ready for some pomp time!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Well bummer ! I've been purposely making myself not go. Though I have been wanting to go in a bad way , deep down I know that it would just be pure luck to catch one right now. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to make it, without at least making a whiting trip.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well bummer ! I've been purposely making myself not go. Though I have been wanting to go in a bad way , deep down I know that it would just be pure luck to catch one right now. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to make it, without at least making a whiting trip.
That's what got me to drive 6 hours to fish one day! But the water was cold and clear, the waves light, the tide-range slight, and the sun bright (poetry?). There were birds working bait inside the rollers, but it looked like silversides or menhaden only.

Maybe soon! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts