Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a decent landing on the south end of the blackwater river or blackwater bay that will handle a 19 ft boat

thanks for any help.

key west 186BR

·
Registered
65 Posts
Marquis Basin, off of Ward Basin road has a decent public ramp w/ parking.The Fish Camp (used to be Cooey's) near the south end of Ward Basin road.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Launch at the shell pile in Bagdad, It's free and about a quarter mile to the I10 bridge. It can easily handle a 19 ft boat if you launch on the paved side. There is also a gravel side, don't use it unless you have a 4X4.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The shell pile in Bagdad. Just follow the main street through Bagdad and turn on to Ella street. It will take you right to the landing. The turn is probably just North of Bagdad elementary school.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glastronix (10/10/2008)Launch at the shell pile in Bagdad, It's free and about a quarter mile to the I10 bridge. It can easily handle a 19 ft boat if you launch on the paved side. There is also a gravel side, don't use it unless you have a 4X4.

Just be careful and watch the depth finder for the depth and stay to the left of ALL OF THE ISLANDS! It can get very shallow. The first time I went out I just about ran aground in a 14' fiberglass jon boat! It is at times 8" of water to the right!

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,585 Posts
i have launched my boat "24 cape horn" at both shell pile and at nicholas no problem! nicholas is more secure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts