Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go this afternoon hot and water is hotter. Went to the south end water is super clear could see the jig about 10 foot down found some on the graph at 20 foot in the slough the boat ramp is in (Rock Quarry) never even got the big motor above idle. Pretty sure I caught a limit but threw back all the 9 to 11 inch fish.
Food Vertebrate Fish Seafood Staple food

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Jeremy, that's a fine mess of crappie for this time of year, fishing in daylight. Do you/have you fished Lake Lurleen much? I used to slay the largemouths that were busting shad on that lake. I lived in Indian Lake in the early 80's. Any bass I missed ought to be pretty big by now.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeremy, that's a fine mess of crappie for this time of year, fishing in daylight. Do you/have you fished Lake Lurleen much? I used to slay the largemouths that were busting shad on that lake. I lived in Indian Lake in the early 80's. Any bass I missed ought to be pretty big by now.
I have not fished Lake Lurleen in 20 plus years. I may go check it out soon just to see what it looks like there now. Elections are the name of the game now that I have learned side scan pretty well I can cover miles of dead water before I ever need or want to stop and try.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very nice!

what electronics are you using again? I remember reading your thread but can’t find it. I want to take my kids crappie fishing.
Lowrance not saying it's better than Garmin at all just what I use. Rear unit is for charts, side scan/down imaging. Bow unit is dedicated live imaging its a 12 inch wish I would have got the 16. When I first got side imaging a few years back. I had a big problem looking and finding big pretty structure and wasting time hammering it. Why? Structure shows up awesome not so much fish. Seeing fish what kind and size they were was difficult for me to distinguish then. Since getting Active Target last fall. It has taught me what fish the size and numbers I'm actually seeing on side scan. So now really I can just look at the Contours on the map hit the right depths side scan until I find a school of fish worth fishing. I say electronics are the name of the game now. Because before using live imagery and not being able to catch crappie in any kind of numbers except when their in the grass in the spring. I swear every time you go out it's years of experience learned each trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts