Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
New at this
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Kraken in! Now I have to figure out how to mount my Lowrance MK 4 HDI. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have always done thru hull, but have not mounted an HDI model. Hopefully someone that has done it will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
28,142 Posts
That's an awesome looking sled! I don't see why a regular transducer wouldn't shoot through the hull of a yak? I haven't done research but I'm sure most of the guys that have theirs mounted will be able to tell ya.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I mounted mine outside the hull with jb weld holds up pretty good. I just wasn't absolutely convinced that mounting it inside hull would give me the same readings. Even though I have done a lot of research and videos that say there is no difference

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
That is a 'bad ass' boat. That neoprene gasket under the front hatch is a smart addition. I really like the way the seat adjusts forward and backward on a track to help with the trim.

Not a big Jim Sammons fan but it looks like he put his two cents into this and it came out nice.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That is a 'bad ass' boat. That neoprene gasket under the front hatch is a smart addition. I really like the way the seat adjusts forward and backward on a track to help with the trim.

Not a big Jim Sammons fan but it looks like he put his two cents into this and it came out nice.

If Hobies were not a part of the equation, this or the Big Game II would be my boat of choice.

·
New at this
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of course when the Kraken arrived so did the flu. Been down for the past few days, hope to get out soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Lowrance Elite 4 HDI thru-hull

I have always done thru hull, but have not mounted an HDI model. Hopefully someone that has done it will chime in.
I used the third method in the attached video. Duct seal is @ $3 for a 1lb block at Ace or Home Depot...Lowes only had a 5 pound bucket when I stopped by there...FYI.

·
New at this
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I mounted the finder and transducer and went to put in the final connection for the battery and can't find my battery charger. Back to Wal Mart I go. Hoping to fish around the Shalimar Bridge tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Dont know if you realized this but the Kraken has a "transducer scupper" its a scupper that a transducer will fit in to from the bottom of the kayak..Thats how i would mount if I were you. Keeps your xducer in the water and it doesnt hang below the hull and get in the way

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts