Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I don't make blankets but I have tanned several. We have them at the camphouse as rugs. All together I have probably done 3 doz. If you bow kill a doe, it makes a pretty nice trophy, and normally you can see the outline of the broadhead on the entry side. It is not too hard to do, and if your like me, it means a little more if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any info on how to do it? That sound interesting as well. Besides, I'm sure making it into a blanket isn't much more than that.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
There are several ways, methods and materials that can be used based on what you want the finished product to be. Example would be I have used mine on the floor so a harder inside is not a bad thing because it lays flater, whereas if a blanket was going to be the end result, you would want a softer inside. Are you local to Pensacola?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I did one myself years ago, did like Curtis but hung on the wall. It was unusual as it was shot with 00 buck shot three times (point blank range), and not one pellet penetrated, but you could see where the hair was pealed away. My first and only. Wasn't hard to do. Just a little time consuming.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
No locals come from Walton just "LOCOS". :poke My uncle lives there up in Glendale in the middle of the freakin' woods. I love it anywhere North of De Funiak.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't even be in the metropolatian area of DFS if it wasn't for having to work in Niceville. I would be further out if I could.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts