Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
16,306 Posts
I have a big leather strop for my face razor. Never saw them for the Work Sharp. Gonna have to order some of them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the Ken Onion also, really like it, its fast. Only thing I found better overall, is my Wicked Sharp. Expensive but nice, has more angle settings and almost dummy proof at keeping the perfect angle.
But like everyone said the Ken Onion for $50-100 range is good. Can even do machettes , lawnmower blades..

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
For years I skinned deer with a Schrade PH2.
It’s a great knife and I would just touch it up occasionally with a set of crock sticks.
Then I bought a Havalon knife. It’s like using a scalpel, a disposable scalpel.
I would hang onto those knives but if you want to get serious about skinning deer, get a Havalon.
I’ve got a Worksharp Ken Onion that I bought a couple of years ago but I haven’t got around to using it.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I have a big leather strop for my face razor. Never saw them for the Work Sharp. Gonna have to order some of them.
Went hunting with a older retired navy co worker back in the early 2000s. We wake up before sunrise and he whips out a straight razor and his old leather belt.. gives it a couple hits on that leather belt and dry shaves very slowly using headlights and no mirror! he had about a 10 day growth and it sounded like trying to sweep a concrete floor with a brick! His face 2 hours later looked like he’s recovering from frostbite! ive stuckwith hot water, modern razors and shaving cream since then🍺

·
Bearded Brotula
16,306 Posts
I can't imagine dry shaving with it.

Reactions: halo1

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Sharpal 121N diamond two grits.NEVER wears out no oil rinse with water after use. Less than $25. I use it on everything, carbide lathe tools, lawn mower blades after grinding edge all house knives. Just bought pictured one for gift. Find them on google.

Reactions: hjorgan

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,587 Posts
For years I skinned deer with a Schrade PH2.
It’s a great knife and I would just touch it up occasionally with a set of crock sticks.
Then I bought a Havalon knife. It’s like using a scalpel, a disposable scalpel.
I would hang onto those knives but if you want to get serious about skinning deer, get a Havalon.
I’ve got a Worksharp Ken Onion that I bought a couple of years ago but I haven’t got around to using it.
Bought a havalon a few years ago, was showing the guys it at work the 1st day I got it, layed my thumb wide azz open when I opened it to show em! They got a helluva laugh out of it, on the way home from work that evening, I lost it somehow....I never missed it or bought another one! Lol

NWTF is a SHAM! Change my mind!

·
Bearded Brotula
16,306 Posts
I got one of those Gerber Randy Newberg EBS sets last year. Haven't tried it out yet, but nice little three blade set up in a box.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts