·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
Work Sharp.

Reactions: delta dooler

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
Stop at the Dollar Gentral in Baker and pick up some Dawn too.
He seasons his deer with some blood from the previous deer and a dash of rust.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
I have a big leather strop for my face razor. Never saw them for the Work Sharp. Gonna have to order some of them.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
I can't imagine dry shaving with it.

Reactions: halo1

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
I got one of those Gerber Randy Newberg EBS sets last year. Haven't tried it out yet, but nice little three blade set up in a box.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
Outside9,

I am currently living in Pensacola in Perdido Key. Guess I need to change my profile page.

Scott
Do you have a website?

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
My mom's cousin taught me how to make knives. Not sure if he was part of y'all's group or not, but he passed some years back. He built some nice stuff. I have two of his with the last of his ivory after the ban. Y'all ever heard of William Brown out of Pintlala?

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
HOLY HELLLLLLL!!!! Faye Brown was the man that I first apprenticed under. 7 hours of work for him to get 1 hour of "my" shop time. Helluva man, great maker. His mark was a stylized "WFB" that he engraved with a pantograph. He sold knives all over the world before there was an interweb. He taught a lot of people with vary degrees of success. I really wish I could've gotten some of his folder patterns, but all of his stuff... well you know.

When people talk about D2 not being a tough enough steel for combat knives, I always tell them about how Faye used to put a blade between two blocks of wood, a bottle jack in the middle, then jack his farm truck off the ground.

I was raised in Montgomery and spent a lot of my time at the Pintlala Barn Dance
Man, that's awesome that you got to work with him. I have probably 20 or so that he made. He was an awesome knifemaker and a hell of a man. He would stitch himself up regularly. I also grew up in Pintlala.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
Wow, that is something I haven’t thought about in many years. We used to own land beside there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a little ashamed you spelled Stuckeys wrong in the alligator head thread....

• Haha
Reactions: will46r

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
Shameful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As Biden would say, "Come on, man!" I know you grew up in Davenport. I grew up in that Stuckeys.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
I still hunt off of Cloverfield Rd and Pettus Rd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts