Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not a knife sharpener and I seldom skin a deer. However, I have this collection of knives for skinning. Are they worth trying to sharpen or should I go buy something else.

Uncle Henry’s with schrade +
A kodi skinner and another Chinese made skinners.

Anywhere around that will sharpen knives?

I also bought this high dollar knife sharpener several years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bearded Brotula
16,101 Posts
Work Sharp.

Reactions: delta dooler

·
Bearded Brotula
16,101 Posts
Stop at the Dollar Gentral in Baker and pick up some Dawn too.
He seasons his deer with some blood from the previous deer and a dash of rust.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,569 Posts
I am almost embarrassed to say it but I struggle with the work sharp on skinning knives(anything with a thick blade). Now, fillet knives or kitchen knives, I look like I know what I am doing.
Gotta get the angle right, I dont know what the factory edge angle may be but on my skinning knives I believe my worksharp gets em at 20 degrees.... it’ll take a lil work to get edge at the right angle on a thick blade using the work sharp, but once you do, its easy and doesnt take long to touch it back up.

NWTF is a SHAM! Change my mind!

·
Registered
14,996 Posts
There is guy on the weekends at Greers' Cash Saver on Barrancas set up in his truck, like a food truck

4051 Barrancas Ave, Pensacola, FL 32507
850-439-5329.

He must have permission to do so, so maybe you can cal to confirm when he is there.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is guy on the weekends at Greers' Cash Saver on Barrancas set up in his truck, like a food truck

4051 Barrancas Ave, Pensacola, FL 32507
850-439-5329.

He must have permission to do so, so maybe you can cal to confirm when he is there.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 93 Posts