Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we had some massive Kings under the boat while we were drop fishing. We threw live cigar minnows, Menhaden, and other live baits at them with stinger rigs but couldnt get them to bite. Any other tips or ways to try and make these fish bite?

·
Registered
522 Posts
We usually have Cudas under the boat this time of year. It is funny to watch them, they fart allot. I kid you not.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
If you were in deepish water, wahoo is a possibility, but probably cudas.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Yeah Cudas are frustrating. You have to go light line and light leader with a trace of wire. And a smallish live bait. Pinfish work pretty good.

Kings will hit just about any live or dead bait if they are around.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
We usually have Cudas under the boat this time of year. It is funny to watch them, they fart allot. I kid you not.
It’s this hot weather. Does me like that too.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
97% of the time, those long fish are cudas. 2.9% of the time, they are kings. 0.1% wahoo. :)

Run a piece of wire though a section of fuel line and put a hook on the end. Cast it out and see what happens :)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
97% of the time, those long fish are cudas. 2.9% of the time, they are kings. 0.1% wahoo. :)

Run a piece of wire though a section of fuel line and put a hook on the end. Cast it out and see what happens :)
Don't forget to crank it back as fast as you can.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,773 Posts
I have found that a cuda doesn't give a flip if the bait is slow or sits still. If the bait is screaming to get away that's when the cuda becomes interested. I have seen this with so many fish, the fast crazy bait gets the fish. When I was at the pier and I hooked a large LY and threw it out and if it lolly gagged around I would immediately reel it back and toss it to the side. When you put out a bait and it runs hard and keeps the line tight, THAT is the bait that gets hit!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts