Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Live Bait

It is my experience that live bait is the key to catching kings in the bay. Just about any small fish captured in the bay is a good bait. The best that I have found is menhaden, although white trout, mullet, croakers and pinfish work well. I would not attempt to troll in the bay. To me, that is a waste of time and gas. Find a good spot where there is either bait or a slow decline in depth. Around buoys, piers and bridges tend to be a hot spot. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Just spoke to my dad and he is out between the bridges on I-10 and just hooked up to a tarpon, ended up spooling him. We are going to be trying for the kings tomorrow morning just floating some LYs west of the 3 mile.

·
Billy West
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. thanks for the feed back. Might try that out this weekend. I did hear of some tarpon being caught as well. Never battled one of those yet, but would like to!! Ill try the live bait out and see what we can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.