Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

King dip to die for

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  kanaka 
#1 ·
Does anyone remember Wreckless? He has an awesome recipe for king dip and I would sure like to get it

#5 · (Edited)
There's the best....then there's the rest....(mines best)

Wade's Tuna Dip

Ingredients:

About 3 pounds Yellowfin Fillets.
3 Bricks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Bunches Green Onions
1 Cup Hellmans Mayonnaise
2 Large jars of diced Pimentos (6 oz. I think)
½ cup sweet relish
1 cup diced jalapenos
½ cup dill relish
Garlic Salt
Cayenne Pepper
Lemon Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:

You want to start with a non-stick skillet. Using a small plate, roll the fillets in olive oil coating both sides good. Pre-heat the skillet. You want it almost hot enough to start smoking. Throw in the tuna. Season it pretty heavy with garlic salt and lemon pepper at this time. Cook it all the way through. (Medium well??) Take the tuna up and put it in a big mixing bowl. While you waiting for it to cool, in a separate bowl, pour the relishes and pimentos together. I usually season this with all the seasoning and mix it. Don?t drain anything, just pour it in. Season this mixture to taste with the garlic salt, a little regular salt, cayenne pepper, and a little regular lemon pepper. Dice the green part of the onions up and add them to this. Mix it together and let stand. Go back to the tuna. I always just tear it up as fine as I can with my hands. Seems to take out any lumps. Do this as soon as it cools enough to handle. In the same bowl, add the cream cheese to it. Use a big spoon and mix it till the cheese is blended evenly. Now, pour in all the other stuff and mix well. Add the mayonnaise at this time. I usually use about a cup. Mix it all together. Put it in a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate. You may have to add a little more mayonnaise if it feels kinda dry. That will be the cheese firming up again. I have used cobia, wahoo and mullet too....

That's it. Hope ya'll enjoy it.

Wade Hatten

#8 ·
bob's 'die for' dip doesn't compare to wade's tuna dip. try wade's and you won't go wrong. i don't use pepper in mine and sometimes i eat it with a club cracker just for supper. of course, there's a beer on the side.:thumbup:
ohl, i forgot to mention that you don't need tuna....any smoked fish will work.
jack

#12 ·
mackerel has a stronger fish flavor so if you like fishy fish dip, it's good.
with spanish, i just butterfly, salt and pepper, smoke for a couple hours, and then peel off the meat from the skin and bones.

#16 ·
If you want to cut down on the mackerels fishy taste, follow Stressless's prep tips for the fish.
Remove the skin, take out the red meat. Yes, doesn't say skin it but where do you think the red meat is at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.