Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy a gallon jug/jar of Real Korean Kim-chi. The home-made kind, buried in the back yard stuff.
Not any of this Store bought stuff they call Kim-chi, with all the preservatives and whatnots.

If you, your spouse, friend or family, makes this, I am certainly interested in buying some. 1 jug for sure, maybe 2.
I'll take either the summer or winter variety. Perferably the winter, but any will do.

Shoot me a PM and let me know your asking price.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I have eaten it at the Kings buffet off 9 mile. I don't know how it compares to overseas stuff. Maybe someone that knows can chime in.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Pensacola has a small Korean gro. Store located on Pace Blvd. Just south of Fairfield. Original authentic Kim chee, but for a more ripe Kim chee just leave it out on the counter for a couple days then put it in the fridge...enjoy

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pensacola has a small Korean gro. Store located on Pace Blvd. Just south of Fairfield. Original authentic Kim chee, but for a more ripe Kim chee just leave it out on the counter for a couple days then put it in the fridge...enjoy

Wow, that's great news. I'll head that way today. Thanks.

Splittine, do you know the name of the street it's on in Crestview? I may try and stop there when I go to the Winery in Defuniak Springs. That is if it's close to the interstate?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Best store bought locally is in Panama City. There is a little store in Mary Ester, or at least the area near there, that makes some pretty good stuff.

Good restaurant there too Mary's Korean, in a little strip mall. Better yaki mandu than I ever had in Seoul. If you cannot find on Google, PM and I will pull addresses outta my GPS.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IDK if the Korean resturant is still there, but there used to be one on 98 in Mary Ester, heading east, just past the Raceway (I think) gas station, right along the intercoastal. They even had so-ju, the real stuff. But geezz, that's been about 8-10 years ago. Don't know if it's even open anymore?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yooper, On young! Welcome back. I spent a little time over in Seoul, homnondong, dungdchun areas. From pace Blvd and Fairfield go south on pace. Maybe half mile on the right. The Korean owners make kimchee and other side dishes, look behind the register area in the tall glass fridge. I make mine. Not to difficult, got the recipe and directions from you tube :) pm me if you need any help..I can make bul-go-gee, Kim-bap,etc.

·
Super Moderator
21,011 Posts
Wow, that's great news. I'll head that way today. Thanks.

Splittine, do you know the name of the street it's on in Crestview? I may try and stop there when I go to the Winery in Defuniak Springs. That is if it's close to the interstate?
North of 90 on 85. Next to Pizza Hut and Azteca on the East side of the road. Don't know te name.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice! I never did learn how to make kim chi. I do know how to make kim bap, dwen jan and soon dubu jigae and bulgogi. Been looking for a good korean food store since I got here. Ill check it out next time I go up to Pensacola

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay guys, The Korean Store on Pace Blvd., is on the West Corner of Mary St. and Pace Blvd.

It's good Kimchi too. I opened it up and it stunk-up the whole house. Auhhh, the good stuff...mmmm

Bought some real ramen noodles there too, not those 3rd rate "Maruchan" ramen noodles you get at walmart. But the real stuff. And it goes good with the kimchi.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts