Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Jay's in Crestview today and a man came in who has developed a scent pad to use in your Thermacell. He asked me if I hunt and told me to follow him out. I did and he gave me several samples to try. It is a cover scent and he assured me that after much testing and very positive results he decided to market it. According to him the corn scent will bring them in and for those of us who hunt a MA where baiting is illegal this will do the trick. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ive used tinks 69 on a thermocell. Dont know if it worked or not, but the wife got excited.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Snakeoil IMO.... I think ANY unnatural smell you introduce into a deers habitat will spook them, especially mature deer. But.... it may work. Ill stick to doing my best to be undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
I climb high and have a scent crusher bag that my clothes stay in. Scents don't seem to help in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the site and asked how long a scent pad would last. They said 3 hours. $13.99 for 5 pads can get pricey. I won't be buying anymore unless the ones they gave me works like I was told which I doubt they will.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
On old pads I put doe urine or whatever on my second thermacell on the ground by a blind or tree stand..covers and attracts..they have corn scent too... lots cheaper

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Peanut butter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts