Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few friends of ours and us went down to Cudjoe Key for a little snapper fishing and lobstering the last few days. We hit some nice coral spots for the first few days and found only one keeper.

The boys (kids) were getting a little slap happy and I added a pic of my son making the other one cry..

We had given up on the lobster and hit the reef for Yellowtail and the girls drank a few to offset getting sea sick. We did well! Once we got home my buddies wife needed a break from the kids and jumped in the kayak. We were staying on a huge flat. She came back an hour later with eyes as big as a dish. I found a hole!!! There are some lobster in it!! It was getting dark so we waited until the morning to check it out. She found a hole alright. We pulled 15 keepers out and there were about another 50 that were close. I was pretty proud of my 4 year old because he swam from the house to the hole which was about 1/4 mile one way.

That night we hit the reef again for Yellowtail and both girls were puking this time so we didn't stay long. We did catch 8 fish and 3 of which were very large for Yellowtail standards. When a Yellowtail pulls drag on my Red Snapper rod it makes me smile!

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,487 Posts
Good stuff there! That's sweet to have a lobster hole that close.

Doesn't look like il make it to the keys this year. My dumbass had to buy a boat.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
good job James and company...some fine eating right there...thanks for the report and pictures...

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Awesome!!

What a score. You guys did so well. My hat's off to all. Those YT are as good as the bugs IMO.... :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts