Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On a boat
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a load of snapper fishing with frozen herring on the bridge at the coordinates in the photo. We rented a boat to snorkel/cruise the lower Keys and decided to do a little fishing while out. I chummed them up and then fished the herring off the transom on an outbound tide. We cleaned up. Had a big tarpon break me off unfortunately, never caught one and was excited to land one. All catch and release since we don’t have a place to cook them at our hotel.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It looks like a good fish trip was had! My Wife and Daughter have ruled we'll be there July 11th. I'm curious where you rented the boat? We'll be in an RV park essentially next to where you fished.

Is it full blown crowded down there yet?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes where did you rent the boat and how much? I'm heading there on June 26. I have found several boat rentals and plan on using them. Thanks for info on this spot. I might try it out.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Wish I had a dollar for every time I ran my boat under that bridge. Going to Stock Island Lobster Company. 69-73. Got a few lobsters under it also.

·
On a boat
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rented a 17ft Key West from the owner of a boat rental company at (305)587-3499 on Stock Island, you can call or text him. His boats are absolutely pristine and have top notch gear like Lewmar anchors, Garmin electronics, etc. I paid $387 for a full day. We snorkeled the barrier reef in the morning and then spent the afternoon in the back country.

We rented a boat in Marathon yesterday morning from Captain Pips that was a turd, junk gear, shitty electronics with a half out screen and waaaayyyyyyy under powered. I get rental boats are not going to be powered how I like but not being able to crack 18kts is crazy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts