Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 176 CC with a F115 and I love it. No complaints. Bought in June and already have over 60hrs on it without a single issue.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
got an 2006 1720 PRO with a 90 hp Yamaha 2-stroke. Absolutely love it - rock solid, shallow draft, etc... I could go on and on...

·
Registered
7 Posts
In September we bought a 2006 196 Bay Reef with a 140 Suzuki. We absolutely love it. I can't imagine a boat being laid out any better. The only way they could make these boats any better would be to give them away.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ihave a 22 1/2 C/C with 225 etec. They came highly rated from JD Powers when i bought mine.I started hitting the boat shows from Mobile to PC, looking at KW's.Checked with all the dealers & Auer Marine ( Ft Walton Beach)had the best deal. Saved me$4000 from one of the pcola dealers

·
Registered
782 Posts
i have owned a 152ex and it was great. little wet, but any little boat is. my friend has a 1720 w/90 yamaha and loves it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
22.5 CC

Get the T-Top. Use the trium tabs to smooth the ride and you'll be as happy as I am.

With the 225 Yamaha 4 Stroke I avg about 3-3.4 MPG.

:mmmbeer

Stressless

·
Registered
304 Posts
GREAT boats, very well built and lots of extras for the price. Ditto on Auer Marine in FWB......better deal than in P'cola. KW's are solid boats, high in customer satisfaction.:clap

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Billable (11/4/2007)I had a 1720 pro with an 88hp Johnson for five years. Purchased new. It was a great boat. Needs trim tabs.
The 1720 is the one I'm thinking about. What would cause a 17' boat to need trip tabs?

·
Banned
137 Posts
I have a 03Key West 23' center console witha pair of115 Yamahafour strokes. I have been pleased with both the boat and motors and would recommend. The boat is not asheavy as some 23'slike Edgewater etc, but with the price of fuel a lighter boat is OK. The boat is dry and takes rough seas well. If you are going to fish in the Gulf, I certainly would recommend twins. I am confortable fishing up to 50 miles off shore. I get 2.5 to 2.8 mpg at 4200 rpm and carry 140 gals of fuel. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
DFA - the 1720 PRO tends to sit a little "butt-heavy" due to its factory configuration. This heavyness in the rear made it slow to plane off - search the forum for "Tim Tabs" (yes, the topic is spelled wrong) and read all about my experiences and BudYSr's help dialing in my 1720 PRO.

I simply moved the battery from the rear of the boat and placed it in the center console and all of my problems went away. I took my boat out Friday night for the first time since the battery relocate, and the boat is absolutely perfect now.

I've never heard of anyone having any problems planing off the 1720 CC.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a 06' Key West 176 DC with a 115 E-Tec. Purchased new in Jan 07'. Very happy with boat and motor. Looked real hard at Pioneer Boatsbutwent with the Key West instead. Basic same boat but less money for the Key West.I orginaly was looking at a CC but after seeingthe DCand the way it was layed out Idecided to go with it. Gives me better options when just out cruising with the wife and kids.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Hey Kelly1 if you dont mind me asking how did you save 4000.00 on a keywest, I am a keywest dealer and there is not that much markup on them. there is not a 4000.00 difference between Auer's prices and ours... are we talking apples to apples. or did you buy a non current boat and motor... and did it include a trailer.... I am just curious as how you did this...:usaflag

·
Registered
418 Posts
In 2006 I bought a Key West 1720 with a Yamaha 90 2-stroke, I fell in love with it. That was until the day my wife said "honey, we need a bigger boat" (something about bouncing her out of the seat as I went over the wake of a crew boat). The 1720 was a do anything boat, freshwater, salt water, towing the kids, small boat with a big boat feel.

The replacement is a Key West 2300 Bluewater WA powered by an E-Tec 225. I looked and and shopped for several months, I kept going back to Key West. The hardware, the hull design, how solid the boat feels in rough water kept bringing me back. (It has stainless steel where several others have plastic)

Dollar for dollar it was the best buy, it was a 2006 left over that I found on the internet at Auer Marine in Ft. Walton.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts