Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,617 Posts
i dont agree with the new license law. I don't think someone should have to pay for a license to fish from the shore. considering a good bit of those people fish once or twice a year. i actually saw some people free floating a gotcha lure on a small walmart carolina rig with a big ass bobber on it the other day. they had no idea what they were doing, they were just there for the water and seemed to be having a good time. Should people like that be forced to buy a license? I have a fishing license because i fish from a boat and from a kayak, as well as the shore. I fish alot. I don't think these people with their wal mart specials that fish once or twice a year should have to go buy a license.[/quote]

Jhoe,

Tis a bummer, but what must YOU buy if you are going to use a spinning/casting rig from the shore in fresh water?????

·
Registered
41 Posts
I keep a set of laminated size regulations in a pouch of my tackle bag. Haven't had to use it in a while, but it's always there if I need it. Hats off to the originator of this post... it's quite popular (very heated). Don't know that I agree with all the drama, but I keep coming back!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
That laminated size regulations you keep had better be updated every 2 weeks or so, because that is how often they change the regulations. Go and look at the fishing regulation spreadsheet put out in january 2009, and see how much is wrong now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Garbo (7/2/2009)For an act of Gross to change the Tone of DeadeyeDave, it must be a Gross act indeed and as well worthy ofall to apply attention and equity by all. Such an Act is that of poach.

To ask mankind to be honest and correct in mankinds actions will be a mission of great effort. History has proven it soo many times more often to be that mankind will cheat to win, than to be honest and suffer even if the sufferingshall beslight. The greater side of the event of majesty in fooling the wiley game being the trickery itself and not the keep, cheat mankind would not carry out, but if greater mankind only knew the greater side.

Thus the answer is, Teach my accomplished Friend, teach. Teach the offenders in mankind the greater side of what sport is in order for there to be a win in the act ofcapture itself, and there to be an understanding in the win that comes in the release. For if it is not known it will not be realized, felt or understood, so we Teach, and no greater teacher is there than the accomplished that share the true value of the grandure of the event as it has and shall always be.

Mankinds majority does not know theGreatest gain, so Teach my great accomplished friend, Teach.

Awsome post by the way Garbo!!! My hats off to you bro!!!

Deadeyedave

·
Registered
539 Posts
deadeyedave (7/4/2009)License or not we are trading money for stock if no one regulates these practices!!! AllI am saying is don't think of money but think of consequenses for the future. Everyone on this forum enjoys catching large fish, but If we keep everything we catch then where does that leave us?

Deadeye

I'm willing to bet, not as bad as you think. Walk into Joe Pattis, look around, then log back on here and tell me you honestly think recreational fisherman make a difference. I for one am far too proud to keep an undersized fish, I think that speaks a million words about someones ability to find and catch fish. However, If I'm hungry I'm going to eat. You, the FWC, or putting that cute little baby redfish in a pink bow, will not stop me from eating a fish If times are tough and I'm broke. Fortunately, any time I've ever been broke (when i was younger i wasn't exactly the budget master), I've managed to nail a 22"ish speck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Your post explains my arguementexactly!!! I don't even remember your post name nor will I. Thanks foryour very intelligent post!!!

Deadeye

·
Registered
539 Posts
irritation point (7/9/2009)If you are broke maybe you should be working instead of fishing.I keep legal fish.

If I have all my bills paid, work is slow, and i go catch my own food, what makes that any different than working? I don't understand your logic there.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
12" reds, specks and snappereat much better than the bigger ones. I don't keep them anymore, but I would nevercriticize orturn in someone who does.

Also, IMO recreation minimum size and bag limits have nothing to dowith the numbers and quality of fish we have now. Banning commercial gill nets and the redfish purse net operations is what saved us. Now if we could just get rid of the shrimpers. I don't mind eating Viet Cong and Chinese shrimp.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Honestly, I am not calling in poaching anymore. Why? Frankly, I end up wasting all night on the phone only to have the people leave with wayyyy over limit on 40" redfish and FWC to say they will be there in about 4 hours. I have called every FWC, PPD, SR Sheriff, every ECSD station south of Cantonment, and FHP (depending on jurisdiction of where I am, including from shore or boat) all on numerois occassions and not ONCE has a unit responded within 4 hours (actually, in 10+ calls I have only seen one responseand that around the 4 hour mark). The only time I see FWC is when they check my fish and confirm that I have legal fish. Apparently, they are too busy to respond to calls, so I am not punishing myself by wasting evenings of fishing on hold with them! :banghead

41 - 53 of 53 Posts