Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We met Ana Edwards bright an early for a photo shoot Wed morning. She took some great pics, be sure and look for them in the july/August issue of GAFF magazine. I'm not sure which ones they are going to use. Started fishing around 7am and right off the bat Ernie hooked up with a jack. Jason Callaghan who was over our way is writing an article for Gaff magazine next month on launching your kayak in the surf. He was the next to hook a jack. There was also a small Cobia with them. We trolled some baits but it was just dead out there King wise. There were plenty of sheephead though. I finally caught a big LY but still couldn't hook up. The guys working on the pier spotted 3 Cobia hanging around and alerted us (thanks guys) unfortunately couldn't get them to eat then they disappeared. We called it a day around 11 and pulled our kayaks onto the beach when we spotted a pod of something dark and very shallow. We realized they were manatee and jumped back in our yaks catching up to them. There was one really big one protecting the other 5 and if we got to close from the south side it would push us out, if we were on the beach side the big one was ok with us being close. Jason got some high def footage I just got a short clip with a few pics. I've only seen them twice off the pier before, so this was really cool to experience!
[/url]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts