Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all- Son #2 and I just got back from a quick trip to the Everglades for a little paddleing and fishing. The glades are just a wonderful place for kayaking- the water is easy to navigate, there is so much to see, and the fishing is good. It's also about 20 degrees warmer down there too. We saw gators, lots of birds- eagles, herons, storks, hawks- and we even caught some snook. We didn't ge any big ones, but they were sure fun. In fact, the whole little town of Everglades City seems to be set up to help kayakers- lots to rent and lots of kayak oriented stuff. I would caution that kayakers use GPS or som other way to keep track of location. The glades are huge, and if you got lost there, it might be a long time before you got found. I recommend the glades to any kayakers who likes to see stuff, catch fish, and eat good food.Now the drivers in south Florida- that's another story. They make us on the upper Gulf Coast look like kind,courteous considerate people. We saw two major wrecks in the short time we were there. I will try to attach photos, but my computer and the forum don't love each other. Good fishing to all- Ed Mashburn

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Great post Ed, Looking forward to the pics. Sometimes it is that "Quick Getaway" that works out the best (kinda like an afternoon nap)................dennis

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wow Ed... sounds like a great get-a-way!!! I'd LOVE to fish there. I'm hoping next year to make a trip to the keys with my yak... and fish..fish... fish.... :- )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts