Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Chris Phillips (1/23/2010)How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!
That is really cool of you! One suggestion is maybe to give the gift certificates to the top 5 individual anglers from the panhandle instead of the top team. Because alot of the teams are not made up of all panhandle guys...like Neptune and Hobie. They keep individual stats so it would be easy to figure out. It would also keep people fishing throughout the year even if thier team wasnt in the running.

· Registered
411 Posts
Tex, good suggestion but I favor the team based contest. With the cap on points the greater variety of fish caught will make the difference and this will be most demonstrated at the team level versus the individual. Besides, it will take away some of the effect of the over acheivers..... duh, wonder who that would be?:doh

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Chris Phillips (1/23/2010)How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!
Great idea! PM sent. Chris, youhave been a big supporter of the kayak fishing community already and you have not even been open a year yet! :bowdown Also, thanks again for the giftcertificates for all of the winner of the GCKFA kayak fishing tournament last spring and for your committmentto this year's tournament which will be better and I'm sure bigger than last year 126 entries. (We are in the planning stages and looking for tournament sponsors.)

Oops, I think I may have derailed my own post. :) The secrets are going to be out soon anyway, who else has a team? Start a new post to recruit and buy a Kayak Wars T-shirt. They are cool shirts and proceeds will go towards bigger prizes for the 2010 KW! This year is going to be huge, so start a team!

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
[email protected] (1/24/2010)
That is really cool of you! One suggestion is maybe to give the gift certificates to the top 5 individual anglers from the panhandle instead of the top team. Because alot of the teams are not made up of all panhandle guys...like Neptune and Hobie. They keep individual stats so it would be easy to figure out. It would also keep people fishing throughout the year even if thier team wasnt in the running.
Don't listen to Tex, Chris! He just want to win it and he knows his Hobie team is based throughout FL. Ours is based out of the Panhandle!!! lol

· Registered
42 Posts
YakFlies (1/23/2010)
chanman (1/23/2010)

But as for youTim...you need to quit all this hobie team madness and come fish with lee and I! You know you're gonna be with us anyway so now you just need to make it official!!! :) Seeing us launch the kayaks off of Top Rod and catch some awesome fish offshore is going to make you mighty jealous especially since we can't be helping enemy teams out with making points:shedevil

Convert now or forever hold your peace :shedevil

Chandler,

You're not gonna be able to fit that battleship on the Top Rod. So you gonna have to borrow mine. I'll leave my camera at home if you let me go.. It's not like I'm gonna catch any fish since the Lone Ranger isn't going to be there to help.

Oh I'll make it fit somehow... :) You have to bring your camera though! Otherwise we wouldn't have someone to take pics :takephoto since Lee and I will both be fighting fish...we'll just have to confiscate your rods at the dock is all.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
gottafish (1/24/2010)
Don't listen to Tex, Chris! He just want to win it and he knows his Hobie team is based throughout FL. Ours is based out of the Panhandle!!! lol
Chappy is from Jacksonville!!! Tunapopper is from Alabama???? Where do you draw the line for panhandle...4 of our 5 anglers are from the panhandle.

· Registered
411 Posts
Gentlemen, and I usethat term loosely, my original idea was that the KW teams be those who are regulars on PFF. I am not a spokesperson for Chris, but I'd think that both Neptune and Team Hobie would qualify. Neptune is all local guys (Letsnotmake Orange Beach out as on another planet!)plusChappy (AKA upthecreek) who is nowon PFF.Team Hobie has Tex and Tim,both PFF institutions!

We really do need the competition to start so that all this excess energy can be put to fishing!

· Registered
411 Posts
The word is that it will be another week or so to get bugs out of set up. Keep in mind that the guys who run the KW site have real jobs other than KW. They do a great job on the site but foremost they are kayak fishing maniacs!

Maybe we should plan an informal get together of local KW teams to kick off the season? How about the Pensacola Beach Hooters as they sponsored the GCKFA Tourney last year and the Captain's meeting was held there. February 6, a Saturday, 6 PM, sounds good. That way we stay away from Valentine's Day week end when I'm sure fishing will be the last thing on our minds. No formal event orgainzation needed, jsut get together to beat our chest and share a cold beverage!

· Registered
210 Posts

One suggestion is maybe to give the gift certificates to the top 5 individual anglers from the panhandle instead of the top team. Because alot of the teams are not made up of all panhandle guys...like Neptune and Hobie. They keep individual stats so it would be easy to figure out. It would also keep people fishing throughout the year even if thier team wasnt in the running.

I Agree with Tex on this.. And thanks a lot Chris for putting up a prize for us kayakers!

· Registered
11 Posts
What's up guys! Sorry to bust in on this little party, but I figured Tim and Chris needed a little backup. Looking foward to a little Florida Panhandle KW competition this year. Yes, we're a little east of you guys, but Liam and I still live in the panhandle, so no excuses! Farmer's got his ringer(Chappy) and we have ours(JD) I still don't think those guys will alter the final standings, though. I hope to come fishing over there, once the wind quits blowing.

· Registered
411 Posts
Tex, The way you go on one might think youdidn't appreciate your old team mates.... say it isn't so!

Talltails, Great you on see you on PFF. I'm trying to work out a trip to the FCKFA tourney. If for no other reason to get Chappy to shut up about how great it is! If you head this way let me know. Any chance you could drive up for the semi planned Panhandle KW kick off on Feberuary 6?

· Squid technician
10,557 Posts
Chris, very generous of you and I think we should all appreciate your offer no matter how you want to rule it.

I just want to go for a GOM sleigh ride as soon as possible

· Registered
1,518 Posts
Team Gulf Scream

Allen Roach (Big Daddy)(Bonsaifishrman) Captain Mainstream Kingfish

Taylor Hunt (PBTH) Wilderness Tarpon 16

Parker (John) King (kTkGreenGo) Ocean Kingfisher 16

Chandler Graves (Chanman) Hobie Pro Angler

Lee Smith (blueh20fisher) Hobie Revo

All these guys are top guns in kayak fishing and will make an impact in Kayak Wars this year. So let the smacking begin.:nonono

· Registered
1,566 Posts
Doc, I like the idea of a get-together. It's a little far for us, but we may be able to come, if we need to deliver rods. We usually come in town 1 or 2xs per month. I'll check to see if my inlaws will be in townand can watch the kiddos

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.