Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
How about a little side tourney among PFF teams? A traveling title (PFF KW ChampsWeek 1... 2... etc)that moves from team to team each week based on highest total team points for the week. Team that holds the title the most weeks at the end of the season isthe PFF KW Champs!

Neptune's in!

· Registered
411 Posts
Tex, good suggestion but I favor the team based contest. With the cap on points the greater variety of fish caught will make the difference and this will be most demonstrated at the team level versus the individual. Besides, it will take away some of the effect of the over acheivers..... duh, wonder who that would be?:doh

· Registered
411 Posts
Gentlemen, and I usethat term loosely, my original idea was that the KW teams be those who are regulars on PFF. I am not a spokesperson for Chris, but I'd think that both Neptune and Team Hobie would qualify. Neptune is all local guys (Letsnotmake Orange Beach out as on another planet!)plusChappy (AKA upthecreek) who is nowon PFF.Team Hobie has Tex and Tim,both PFF institutions!

We really do need the competition to start so that all this excess energy can be put to fishing!

· Registered
411 Posts
The word is that it will be another week or so to get bugs out of set up. Keep in mind that the guys who run the KW site have real jobs other than KW. They do a great job on the site but foremost they are kayak fishing maniacs!

Maybe we should plan an informal get together of local KW teams to kick off the season? How about the Pensacola Beach Hooters as they sponsored the GCKFA Tourney last year and the Captain's meeting was held there. February 6, a Saturday, 6 PM, sounds good. That way we stay away from Valentine's Day week end when I'm sure fishing will be the last thing on our minds. No formal event orgainzation needed, jsut get together to beat our chest and share a cold beverage!

· Registered
411 Posts
Tex, The way you go on one might think youdidn't appreciate your old team mates.... say it isn't so!

Talltails, Great you on see you on PFF. I'm trying to work out a trip to the FCKFA tourney. If for no other reason to get Chappy to shut up about how great it is! If you head this way let me know. Any chance you could drive up for the semi planned Panhandle KW kick off on Feberuary 6?

· Registered
411 Posts
So far you're the first to express interest. Seems like this younger generation, and I include you two in the young bunch, don't like to make committments. Rather see if they get a better offer!

· Registered
411 Posts
All the banter yesterday was way fun. Thought I'd start it off again this AM. Oh, I forgot its a work day for many. Well, retirement is one of the benefits of being an old Geezer. I guess if you guys are all busy working I'll just go fish! :angel

Linda, looks like the suggestion for the February 6 KW kick off at Hooters is gathering some steam!

· Registered
411 Posts
Talltails, you must be talking about Gottafish. He's a tourney winning machine. The only thing I've won at afishing tourney is a door prize except for the being on Mayhem, the 2009 Eastern Gulf Champions!

· Registered
411 Posts
TeamMate! It was meant to be tongue and cheek but this cyber space communication just don't send the right body language. MaybeI should have bolded EXCEPT and added that Mayhem beatFCKFA but I guess Talltails don't need to be reminded of that!

· Registered
411 Posts
Tex says he's not coming over to the kayakers gathering this Saturday at Hooters. Something about being too hard to party and fish! I've got your door prize from the Louisianna tourney, you remember, I held your raffle tickets. It's been a while since I looked at the stuff but seems like I rememberyou wona Hobie Hat and a fish grip. Also got a fish grip for Tex. I had plannedon bring the stuff to the Saturday thing. You coming?

· Registered
411 Posts
talltails (2/2/2010)It's true, Doc. Team Tex and Yakflies.....I mean Team Mayhem did beat me fair and square last year. No fault of mine, though. Chappy and I both had top 5 finishes, so we did our part.

Dude, that was a killer slam you got yesterday. Come on over here to the FCKA tourney in March and repeat that feat. It'll win you a Hobie Pro Angler.
Thanks on the slam. I got a smaller slam the day before. Won't salt water fish for at least several days but hope to get a nice bass for the Kayak Bass Fishing.com contest. Wish I could have gotten lmb on the KW list.I love to double dip!

Its a shame that Revolution won't be represented at the kayak angler gathering this Saturday at the Pensacola Beach Hooters. Maybe you can talk the boys in to coming over? They could drink a Shirley Temple!

All this banter is almost as much fun as fishing........ I prefer to think of Tex and Yakflies role as the relief pitchers. I did my best to keep it close with inshore and then the boys came in throwing nothing but fast balls! Come to think of it we've got some fast ball pitchers in ourdugout plus Chappy throws no-hitters!

Yeah, can you tell I am ready for baseball season? My favorite team? The Brooklyn Dodgers.... I mean LA...of course.

· Registered
411 Posts
talltails (2/3/2010)
I've got to get on the water tomorrow and erase TT's flounder off the board. LOL

It's been a strange winter. I went to fish a spot that usually holds trout and reds yesterday. All I could catch is one flounder and a bunch of largemouth bass. Never even seen a bass in that spot. It could have something to do with the 14 inches of rain we have got in the past month.
Strange indeed! Lots of fresh water but at least the water temps have improved some.Told you guys we needed lmb on the list! I caught a half dozen lmb orso this am but no biggies. May try again just before sundown. Any size to your lmb?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.