Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kayak Wars webmaster told me it is going to be another week or so to get the bugs worked on the great new format. The anticipation is obviously killing certain people to know who is on what teams. (Tex, now you can stop asking our members about it on the forum. :)) Here is what I came up with for a team after KW 2009 ended:

Team Neptune:

Gottafish (Captain)

Brandonshobie

Farmer "Doc"

Tunapopper

Upthecreek

There were only a few prizes last year, but there will be a lot more prizes this year and everyone will have a chance to win something the way the rules are looking. There will also be monthly team maximums to help encourage more teams to participate. Good luck to everyone and if anyone is interested in making what you are already going to be doing more fun, thenform a KW team for free and have a chance to win a bunch of Kayak fishings stuff.

Post your teamBELOW: (Create a separate post if you want to recruit.)

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did a good job, too! Who were the final members of you and Ernie's team, Linda?

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Chris Phillips (1/23/2010)How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!
Great idea! PM sent. Chris, youhave been a big supporter of the kayak fishing community already and you have not even been open a year yet! :bowdown Also, thanks again for the giftcertificates for all of the winner of the GCKFA kayak fishing tournament last spring and for your committmentto this year's tournament which will be better and I'm sure bigger than last year 126 entries. (We are in the planning stages and looking for tournament sponsors.)

Oops, I think I may have derailed my own post. :) The secrets are going to be out soon anyway, who else has a team? Start a new post to recruit and buy a Kayak Wars T-shirt. They are cool shirts and proceeds will go towards bigger prizes for the 2010 KW! This year is going to be huge, so start a team!

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
[email protected] (1/24/2010)
Chris Phillips (1/23/2010)How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!
That is really cool of you! One suggestion is maybe to give the gift certificates to the top 5 individual anglers from the panhandle instead of the top team. Because alot of the teams are not made up of all panhandle guys...like Neptune and Hobie. They keep individual stats so it would be easy to figure out. It would also keep people fishing throughout the year even if thier team wasnt in the running.
Don't listen to Tex, Chris! He just want to win it and he knows his Hobie team is based throughout FL. Ours is based out of the Panhandle!!! lol

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Very cool logo Team Sunjammers! Stay safe over there Bob, and thanks for your service to our country! I know you did very well when you were able to fish in KW last year and we will be a little worried come May!

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Yep, you guys caught some nice ones last year! I'm with ya on putting up the kayak for the winter. 68 degrees means cobia, so hopefully the surf won't be too bad like every weekend last April, and I will see you guys out there again at NB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.