Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kayak Wars webmaster told me it is going to be another week or so to get the bugs worked on the great new format. The anticipation is obviously killing certain people to know who is on what teams. (Tex, now you can stop asking our members about it on the forum. :)) Here is what I came up with for a team after KW 2009 ended:

Team Neptune:

Gottafish (Captain)

Brandonshobie

Farmer "Doc"

Tunapopper

Upthecreek

There were only a few prizes last year, but there will be a lot more prizes this year and everyone will have a chance to win something the way the rules are looking. There will also be monthly team maximums to help encourage more teams to participate. Good luck to everyone and if anyone is interested in making what you are already going to be doing more fun, thenform a KW team for free and have a chance to win a bunch of Kayak fishings stuff.

Post your teamBELOW: (Create a separate post if you want to recruit.)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did a good job, too! Who were the final members of you and Ernie's team, Linda?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Team Sunjammers:

Me, Linda(Captain)

Brad(owner of Sunjammers)

Jimmy(works at Sunjammers)

Joe (Jig n hawgs PFF)

Bob (stressless PFF)

Team Cavitt's Customs -

Ernie (Captain)

Bill (Blaminack ECPF),

Christian (Bill's son)

Jack (Specslayer PFF)

Cigslinger (ECPF)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Team Hobie:

Tex - ChrisLewis (Captain)

Yakflies - Tim Walker

Talltails - Jason Callaghan

lcallaghan - Liam Callaghan

JD - John Donohue

Our team is just a bunch of Hobie sponsored bums from across FL.

Oh yeah I'm moving to Miami in May most likely. Goal for KW10 is 20 species. Did I mention bonefish are 100 points a piece:shedevil And my new job I work 4-10s so I will get 3 days a week with all of south florida at my disposal! I will truely miss the panhandle and all the great friends I have made here. The panhandle has taught me everything I know about fishing but this is a job oppurtunity I cannot pass up. Dont worry I will still post reports on PFF ;) I might be able to move back in the near future. Should be a great year with some serious competition. Biscayne Bay, Flamingo, FL Keys, Sailfish Alley here I come. The fish on the panhandle should be able to sleep a little better come May.

·
Registered
741 Posts
[email protected] (1/23/2010)Team Hobie:

Tex - ChrisLewis (Captain)

Yakflies - Tim Walker

Talltails - Jason Callaghan

lcallaghan - Liam Callaghan

JD - John Donohue

Our team is just a bunch of Hobie sponsored bums from across FL.

Oh yeah I'm moving to Miami in May most likely. Goal for KW10 is 20 species. Did I mention bonefish are 100 points a piece:shedevil And my new job I work 4-10s so I will get 3 days a week with all of south florida at my disposal! I will truely miss the panhandle and all the great friends I have made here. The panhandle has taught me everything I know about fishing but this is a job oppurtunity I cannot pass up. Dont worry I will still post reports on PFF ;) I might be able to move back in the near future. Should be a great year with some serious competition. Biscayne Bay, Flamingo, FL Keys, Sailfish Alley here I come. The fish on the panhandle should be able to sleep a little better come May.
Dang man well good luck to you where ever you end up. Is Tim staying around here?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Wow Chris, what a big move but it's sounds great! I wish you the best. What is Tim going to do, now that you're moving. You might just need to take him with you!

And great team line-up - look forward to seeing what kind of points you guys come up with... should be insane!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Alright just to lets you all know this isn't Tanto (me) and the Lone Ranger (tex).. I can fish pretty good by myself.. And also what else is funny is that I taught Tex a lot of what he knows about fishing. However I am recruiting a new Lone Ranger.. :poke

I'm sad to see Tex leaving here pretty soon but I'm still gonna fish here and catch a lot of fish. Might not get to go as much, but often enough.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
LOL... I know you can fish! I meant you guys arefishing buddies. You need to give us a call when you come to PC to fish, and this fall I'll be coming to your neck of the woods, I'm thinking a redfish from the SUP board, you have the perfect spot for it...L

·
Registered
210 Posts
Darn Linda.. Good Idea! If you would've thought of it last fall.. I'd have put you on those reds..

Back to the topic..

Gottafish your team looks scary...

BloodyWaters let's see it..

Jace?

Any other secret teams out there? Post'em up!

Ted are you guys doing it again this year? Hope so... You were the one that turned Tex and I on to KW.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well congrats on the job Chris!! thats def. going to be an awesome place to fish and hopefully you have some great experiences down that way just like you did here. wish you the best man and you'll have to come back often!!

But as for youTim...you need to quit all this hobie team madness and come fish with lee and I! You know you're gonna be with us anyway so now you just need to make it official!!! :) Seeing us launch the kayaks off of Top Rod and catch some awesome fish offshore is going to make you mighty jealous especially since we can't be helping enemy teams out with making points:shedevil

Convert now or forever hold your peace :shedevil

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pipe down Tanto... I ain't no Lone Ranger!! so don't get any ideas. I can't be hauling the enemy around to go fishing. Seriously though, I hate to see you leave Chris. It's hard to believe just a few years ago I told Tim, "don't bring that loud mouth, anoying kid from Texas to the boat." Now we've been across the southeast together and killed about every fish out there, and learned a lot from eachother on the way. I'm sure you'll do fine is S. Florida, as you adapted here pretty well Chris. For those of you who think Tim can't fish alone,he's one of the smartest and most knowledgable fisherman I've met.

My Team:

Lee

Chandler

?

If someone's looking for a team talk to me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
BlueH20Fisher (1/23/2010) For those of you who think Tim can't fish alone,he's one of the smartest and most knowledgable fisherman I've met.

Thanks for the kind words.. you forgot most skilled!

My Team:

Lee

Chandler

?

So you team is gonna be called "My".. That's the best name you can come up with? For $100 Tex and I will let you take the name "Team Mayhem JV Squad"

·
Registered
210 Posts
chanman (1/23/2010)

But as for youTim...you need to quit all this hobie team madness and come fish with lee and I! You know you're gonna be with us anyway so now you just need to make it official!!! :) Seeing us launch the kayaks off of Top Rod and catch some awesome fish offshore is going to make you mighty jealous especially since we can't be helping enemy teams out with making points:shedevil

Convert now or forever hold your peace :shedevil

Chandler,

You're not gonna be able to fit that battleship on the Top Rod. So you gonna have to borrow mine. I'll leave my camera at home if you let me go.. It's not like I'm gonna catch any fish since the Lone Ranger isn't going to be there to help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
YakFlies (1/23/2010)Darn Linda.. Good Idea! If you would've thought of it last fall.. I'd have put you on those reds..

Back to the topic..
Gottafish your team looks scary...
BloodyWaters let's see it..
Jace?
Any other secret teams out there? Post'em up!
Ted are you guys doing it again this year? Hope so... You were the one that turned Tex and I on to KW.
jus gettin ready to post up. unless everybody back out on me this is wat our team is lookin like

jace (me) OK scrambler xt

Gino Hobie quest

Josh Starbuck Necky Spike

then maybe

my friend jonathan whos anchor i lost yesterday

and maybe someone else

·
Registered
408 Posts
How about a little side tourney among PFF teams? A traveling title (PFF KW ChampsWeek 1... 2... etc)that moves from team to team each week based on highest total team points for the week. Team that holds the title the most weeks at the end of the season isthe PFF KW Champs!

Neptune's in!

·
Registered
780 Posts
How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't need your stinking name... even though I think I came up with it when we were naming Chris's boat. It's probably gonna be more like Chandlers' team, cause he likes all that technology crap, and I just like to fish. I don't need recognition for my catches.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Chris Phillips (1/23/2010)How about this? Hot Spots will give a $50 gift card to each member of the top finishing team from the Panhandle ($250 total). If you have a team from the Panhandle email or private message me the team name so that I can watch the scoreboard andlive vicarously through you guys. Good Luck!
Dang Chris! That's awfully generous of you guys!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts