Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peddled to Mcree yesterday evening. Didn't catch anything on the troll over but got a nice red off the beach. The trip back was rough with the hard outgoing tide.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. It was sitting there swamped with the key in the ignition and everything. Free motor!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow that's crazy you posted that pic. That is my uncles boat. He had motor trouble and drifted into the jettis and knocked a hole in the hull yesterday. I gotta go help get it one afternoon but wanted a pic to know what to bring but he lost his phone in the accident but now i have a pic lol

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Ace you should call the coast guard and inform them that you are going to salvage the boat. Anyone can salvage an abandon boat and get a fee from the owner for the salvage if they want it back. And the owner is responsible for any pollution or damage from the wreck. Those were the laws years ago I dont know if they are current in todays time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks sealark, I will inform my uncle with the information and let him decide what he wants to do. I think he already informed the coast guard and is checking with a salvage company on getting it out

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is correct navking, My uncle spoke to the coastguard today and was told if anyone besides the owner touches it they will go to jail.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I went out today and the boat isat the south jettys and to be honest it is tore up. I doubt you could float it. But I didnt look at it very close. The engine is still on it. That boat would float with 4 or 5 tubes tied onto it with the engine removed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thank you very much sealark, i will pass that information to my dad. My dad is taking his boat out there tomorrow and they are going to try to figure out how to salvage what they can and attempt to get the boat out of there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well somebody decided to help themselves to the boat and took everything. My dad showed up to get it today and there was nothing left but the hull

1 - 15 of 15 Posts