Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking into getting a kayak/sup rack for my 2010 Toyota Tacoma due to the fact I just purchased a bote board... Would like to carry both kayak and sup for some weekend trips I'm planning for the fall. Anyways my question is: does anyone have one for sale that'll be compatible or know where to get it one lower than what I'm getting quoted from the dealer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I built this for about $30, while it may not be attractive it is very functional. I bought this truck for no other purpose than kayak fishing, and I do drive it to work some. It still gets 24mpg loaded.
I have also since this pic bought a T-Bone bed extender.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,123 Posts
I bought a set of these.... http://www.tracrac.com/ only problem is it's got a sharp edge that was shaving my yaks. I took 3/8 inch rope and wrapped the horizontal bars which adds a little cushion too. You can get colored rope like I did but of course it'll fade over a short period.... I got the rack at Hope Depot fer 299

·
Super Moderator
28,123 Posts
Jason
you could always use pipe insulation or pool noodles to help with the sharp edges.
I thought about them but they would tear up...Rope is a bit expensive but looks a little better!!! Yeller rope don't match the taupe truck but it matches the yaks!!!

Here they are....I used 300 ft of rope!!!

20140808_083422_zps3inl9ben.jpg

20140808_083454_zpse1zxbc6m.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts