Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
kayaker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have been kayaking for a while now and feel super comfortable in my heritage angler 12. I have been on a mission to try and catch every type of fish i can, and recently one of me kayak buddys pulled up the topic red snapper. Belive it of not im only 15 years old and cant go to 3 barge or the Massachusetts by myself without my dad. so im wondering is there any thing on johnsons beach (thats only a mile or so out) or big lagoon area i can catch a snapper on. i would go out in the gulf if i could i feel comfortable its just dads rules... :(

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you have a Fish Finder, put in the time around Ft. Pickens. You don't have to go into the gulf to cross Snapper or Grouper off of your catch list.

·
kayaker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i can always put my fish finder on and find some spots and i know some around the past, but i was just wondering if there is any spots in the big lagoon area. i know its really shallow but it would be a whole lot easier for me since i live on the water in big lagoon.

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts
if your willing to paddle the distance, head towards Ft Mcree and before you get into the pass there is a center island, look around there and you'll find something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts