Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
War Damn Eagle
372 Posts
Yes, these clips were filmed mostly in the Crystal Beach area and around the public spots off Henderson Beach State Park.
Sweet. I went out there on Saturday morn. Didn't have as much luck. Bobos and a bunch of small junk bottom fish. Got ran off the Ms Louise by a diveboat who acted like we just werent there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. I went out there on Saturday morn. Didn't have as much luck. Bobos and a bunch of small junk bottom fish. Got ran off the Ms Louise by a diveboat who acted like we just werent there. :thumbsup:
We find the Ms Louise area to be thick with bobos and sharks. We've only caught 2 ARS there. We did see a large (~50 to 60lb?) cobia there about 3 weeks ago, swam right by the Yak but the only thing we had ready was a washed out cig and he wouldn't eat...

·
War Damn Eagle
372 Posts
We find the Ms Louise area to be thick with bobos and sharks. We've only caught 2 ARS there. We did see a large (~50 to 60lb?) cobia there about 3 weeks ago, swam right by the Yak but the only thing we had ready was a washed out cig and he wouldn't eat...
That's good to know. Next time I think i am just gonna stop there to get bait and then work my way to the complexes and the tanks near by.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good to know. Next time I think i am just gonna stop there to get bait and then work my way to the complexes and the tanks near by.
That's usually our plan too.Where do you launch from over there? We use the Shirah street beach access.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wasn't sure whether to sit still and watch or start fist pumping like I was on the jersey shore when the techno started lol.

Good video man, looks like ya'll had some fun making it. And kudos to whoever is fishing tandem because that can test a friendship REALLY quick

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't sure whether to sit still and watch or start fist pumping like I was on the jersey shore when the techno started lol.

Good video man, looks like ya'll had some fun making it. And kudos to whoever is fishing tandem because that can test a friendship REALLY quick
Hahaha, yeah the techno helps us pedal faster! :whistling:

The guy riding shotgun in the other Yak does alot of Yak fishing for RedFish in the Jacksonville area. This was his first time in the Gulf on a Yak so he wanted to ride along. He is hooked and is looking into getting a Pro Angler 12.

I fish Tandem style with my 12 year old step son. He's ready for his own Yak now so we are looking into getting an Outback and a Revo. :thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Loved the video..great musicality! My hubby and I are also a tandem duo and nothing beats being that in sync with eachother! Glad more people are getting into it.

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loved the video..great musicality! My hubby and I are also a tandem duo and nothing beats being that in sync with eachother! Glad more people are getting into it.

Manda
Team Tandem Terror
It really helps when you have someone there to grab the leader and drag your fish in, but with my 12 year old I really have to watch out for flying Gotchas and Sinkers!;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick update, ya'll. We hit this Snapper hole again early this morning. Waves / surf were kinda sketchy and it was rough launch but we made it out, luckily it had died down on the way in.

We scored 4 Red Snapper, 1 Mangrove Snapper, and 1 King.

The Mangrove was the biggest of the snappers at 22 inches. The Red Snappers were all 18 to 21 inches.;)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts