Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some friends coming down from Ohio in the beginning of June and they wanted to go fishing. I'm just not sure which direction to point them because I love kayak fishing I think a kayak charter would be awesome. but they are looking into regular charters. Any info on both out of Navarre area or Destin would be helpful. I'm pretty sure there's some guys on here that do kayak charters. Just looking for prices and such to let them know. Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I do Kayak Charters out of Hobie Outbacks and a few others here do as well. I fish primarily Navarre but also Okaloosa Island and Destin.

One Shot Charters (Sniperpeeps) runs a beautiful Cape Horn 24 out of Destin and he can put you on some fish.

It depends on what they want to do. Kayak fishing has its pros and cons just like powerboat fishing. From a powerboat you get the luxury of cheesing back, throwing down a few cold ones and letting the Captain take you where you need to go.

Since you kayak fish you know what all that entails and the uniqueness of being so close to the water and nature that only a kayak can provide. Of course fishing hands free from a Hobie is a bit different then a paddle kayak!

Shoot me a PM if they are interested in kayak fishing. Its cheap enough they can probably do both! June is the start of our short snapper season and Im already booking up snapper trips and so are most charters so act fast!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh and another thing, if they are staying in Navarre I can meet them right behind their hotel or at least very close by. When we are done they can hop in the hotel pool or take a quick shower while I clean fish! Nothing like being able to walk out of your hotel room and hope on a charter and then walk back after fishing!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JD I will definitely let you know. I'm just waiting to hear back from them they just contacted me today since I live in the area. I think they would have a lot more fun in a kayak but you're definitely right about about boat charters. He can sit out there and get hammered and fish what's a lot of people like to do on vacation but then again them being from Ohio they will probably puke most of the time. That being said I may get up with you one time this summer just to give it a shot out where your at and maybe try out an outback at the same time.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Yeah man sounds great. BUT if they are wanting to book a power boat I really suggest they get on it. All charters are going to be damn busy come snapper season!

I will warn you about the outback or any other Hobie, after fishing one, you WILL get one!
Or 5 like J D!!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Or 5 like J D!!!!
Correction, since I got the PA14 a couple of days ago thats six Hobies in less than a year! Ive had all of the single seaters now except for the inflatables and the Adventure Island. But let me tell you, I want a Tandem Island something fierce!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. Way too much money for this cat. I will stick with risking my life in my peception. Its a hell of a workout too. Being a cable guy I use my legs all day so when I fish I get some upperbody plus if my paddle breaks its only $25 not $100's for a drive.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
No. Way too much money for this cat. I will stick with risking my life in my peception. Its a hell of a workout too. Being a cable guy I use my legs all day so when I fish I get some upperbody plus if my paddle breaks its only $25 not $100's for a drive.
True but if ur paddle breaks its harder to get back lol. If ur drive breaks u still have a paddle its not fun but its an option .

It is hard to spend that much on plastic though..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Correction, since I got the PA14 a couple of days ago thats six Hobies in less than a year! Ive had all of the single seaters now except for the inflatables and the Adventure Island. But let me tell you, I want a Tandem Island something fierce!
The islands are sleepers for offshore fishing. There was a tandem for sale in crestview on CL the other day for $4300. Rarely do they ever come up for sale.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The islands are sleepers for offshore fishing. There was a tandem for sale in crestview on CL the other day for $4300. Rarely do they ever come up for sale.
If I got a Tandem I would most likely attempt to the troll the edge with it! Seriously. I want a panhandle yak wahoo damn it!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$4300. Dude thats enough for a car. I love yak fishing but I guess I'm a minimalist. I had to damn near get a divorce to get a $500 yak and a fish finder.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well I got a divorce so no one could give me shit about it :) Just favor yaks over a regular boat as they are small and versatile and living in a condo presents storage problems for bigger boats. Granted, the TI is 18ft long but can be moved by yourself, cost no gas or insurance, will take a beating with no fiberglass repairs, endless benefits IMO compared to a money hole in the water. After my last boat I said never again unless I become wealthy and I don't see that in this economy unless I start taking out politicians ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts