Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well its 30n degrees outside, so I don't think your gonna find any ot spots tonight. In the winter the trout more into rivers, bayous and cannals where the water is darker. They mud bottoms warm up faster and hold heat better, so the torut hand out there to stay warm. They are not generally hugging banks or docks this time of year. Try right out in the middle of small bayous. Look for small mullet in the bayous. Find the mullet, find the fish. Look for deeper holes in the bayou. Fish topwater at normal speed or fish mullet shaped, suspending twitch baits, like a husky jerk very slowly. Twitch, twitch, long pause.

Read Lim-it-out reports. He has posted a lot of good info about finding the trout lately. You will also find some reds, but they seem to be more cold tollerant and have a wider range.

Join the GCKFA. They have a rigging clinc next weekend which is a good place to see how others have rigged their yaks for fishing and meet other people to fish with.

Good luck,
Fisherdad1

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. Pompano 120 is a great start, i fish out of the Pescador 12.0 and it has a very similar lay out. Spend most of my time in the gulf. Saw you were inquiring on a Outback, if you plan on going offshore go ahead and get a decent GPS/FF combo so you can chase after the ARS in a few month!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts