Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bass pro shop ascend sit on top kayak. I want to put lights on it and ive thought of a few different ways to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i should do it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Either you have a crate or an icechest strapped to the back. Fasten a peice of pvc with light mounted to that. There are some rigging examples if you do a search. Good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just did this today: Get a thick wood dowel rod and drill a hole in one end. Buy A good LED Head lamp, take the strap and feed it into the hole rap it around and tie it off and its a pole light. Works amazing and it attracts fish. If you want to do them in the inside of hatches use stick on tap lights.

·
Registered
398 Posts
visipole is the best product but expensive.

BDUV buys cheapo LED lanterns (about the size of a beer can) at walmart for $5 and clips them to the guide of one rod. This is the simplest, cheapest 360 light I've ever seen and no need for taking up rod holder space either. When daylight comes or if he needs that rod he just unclips the lantern.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought a Visipole and it is worth it. Check out Yakattack.us for the visipole. I got the silent slip version and just stick it into a rod holder.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Red lights are not needed. One bright white light behind you and up high to avoid blinding you is better plus a strong waterproof flashlight for waving at boaters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts