Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
Nothing wrong with drinking as long as you are not behind the wheel. In the previous examples one person on board.
BAI for sure

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
I love how some of you guys have ABSOLUTELY no grey area in your lives. Alcohol is not the devil lol. Do I think anyone should drink a 12pk while fishing from a kayak (where motorboats can be an issue)? No! You guys make it sound as if I am 96% more likely to DIE, because I've had 2 beers while floating in 3' water. I feel sorry for you guys...really. A couple beers does not equal a drunken idiot lol. I say the idiot is the one who can not distinguish a single beer from a keg. Just because you may have done some ridiculously stupid crap on alcohol in your past, or been witness to ridiculous amounts of ridiculously stupid crap caused by alcohol, doesn't mean NOBODY in the world knows how to be a responsible drinker. If somebody gets hurt kayaking because they've had too much beer, they were an idiot before ever sitting in the yak or popping that top. Those idiots deserve to get hurt and you should rejoice, in that the world is now less one idiot...be it through death or a lesson learned. Either way, there'll be a little less idiocy in this world. Yakavelli has spoken lol. I have seen the Lite, and beer is gooood.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nothing wrong with a beer or two, especially if you are properly hydrating. Way too easy to get dehydrated out there.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Blake R. said:
Nothing wrong with a beer or two, especially if you are properly hydrating. Way too easy to get dehydrated out there.
I hear ya. Water always accompanies my beer in the cooler...fishing or not. Headaches suck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
So if I had a inflatable water toy from a swimming pool used to float or fish from and move from point A to B with either a paddle or by hand paddlin , I could get a bui. I see no difference. I believe it would be more of a public intox. If you were getting out of line, would be the only way they would mess with you.
Sounds weird but yes I know people who have borded surf boards

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
...and about the legal stuff. I was pulled over by FWC a few weeks ago. Dude checked my cooler to see zero fish, 3 empty beer cans and 3 full ones. His reaction was, "well, at least you're having a good time". They really don't care as long as you're not being an idiot. Helps to treat them with a little respect too. He was pretty cool. He saw I wasn't catchin a thing and hung around for a minute, talkin fishin and kayaks...while I drank my beer.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I usually don't drink beer when I'm kayak fishing. I have nothing against folks that do, it's just my preference. I do enjoy one after getting the boat loaded up... I tend to get dehydrated quick and so I bring lots of water and / or Gatorade. Hate those headaches, too.

FWIW, I would not condone giving minors alcohol in public, there's just no upside to that.

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
I love how some of you guys have ABSOLUTELY no grey area in your lives. Alcohol is not the devil lol. Do I think anyone should drink a 12pk while fishing from a kayak (where motorboats can be an issue)? No! You guys make it sound as if I am 96% more likely to DIE, because I've had 2 beers while floating in 3' water. I feel sorry for you guys...really. A couple beers does not equal a drunken idiot lol. I say the idiot is the one who can not distinguish a single beer from a keg. Just because you may have done some ridiculously stupid crap on alcohol in your past, or been witness to ridiculous amounts of ridiculously stupid crap caused by alcohol, doesn't mean NOBODY in the world knows how to be a responsible drinker. If somebody gets hurt kayaking because they've had too much beer, they were an idiot before ever sitting in the yak or popping that top. Those idiots deserve to get hurt and you should rejoice, in that the world is now less one idiot...be it through death or a lesson learned. Either way, there'll be a little less idiocy in this world. Yakavelli has spoken lol. I have seen the Lite, and beer is gooood.
Yak, yes in my 69 years I have done my share of drinking. One thing I know for a fact through experiance is, it [drinking alc.] Starts out with one or two no problem then it goes to two or three still not much of a problem then it just escalates from there. 20 years in the Navy 90% of previous shipmates say if they had it to do over the would not touch it. The other 10% are dead. if my statements have insulted you manhood I apologize. I still say the water and highway is no place for booze of any amount. Now go catch some fish...This

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Sealark...I agree. A few beers can easily turn into a bunch of beers. With kayak fishing, this is not usually the case. You can only keep so many cold in a yak lol. I never bring more than a few. 6pk tops and only if I'm fishing skinny water well away from potential trouble. In the gulf, I keep the drinking to a minimum...but I'll still have a couple. For the record, fishing is about the only time I drink beer. It really does seem to make the fish bite sometimes lol.

No offence taken. I just felt compelled to say something about all the idiot calling. You're entitled to your opinions. Blanket statement idiot calling in public is seldom a good idea though. We're all individuals. Some of us know how to be responsible. My manhood is fine btw...no harm done :)

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
My reason for not drinking and kayaking is that eventually it's going to lead to drinking and driving. At some point I have to drive home. Anyone who drinks and drives is a colossal idiot.

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
It can't escalate to more if there are only a few on board!
You are missing my point. It takes years for some and a few weeks for others before it escalates into a problem. But I am old and been there and done it. You are probably young and bullet proof. Have fun....

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
The only time I drink is at the beginning of the trip on the way out. Then I do not have to charge fish with alcohol abuse when they spill me beer..... And I know I can drive home safely.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts