Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Home owners insurance may cover it but I may be mistaken. I had insurance through progressive on a $12k 17ft Trimaran made out of the same stuff kayaks are made from called a Windrider 17. The insurance ran $36 a month and included bodily injury of $150k plus covered actual cost of the boat and not their estimated value with depreciation if something happened to it. For yours it would likely be ridiculously cheap.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Insurance against theft maybe? I'm wondering what you could do to a kayak to need insurance money to cover. I had a large SUV knock the hell out of my yak 2yrs ago. Yak was strapped to a bed extender and actually lifted my rear end up as the yak drug up the hood, smacked the windshield and slammed down the passenger door (t-boned). Her truck was far worse off that my yak lol. Only damage to the PA...a scar from the strap digging into it. I'm rather proud of that strap too lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Didn't you see that mayhem guy on the Allstate commercial?
I feel guilty to say I like that guy. He is so destructive! Cracks me up every time.

IJS

·
Registered
180 Posts
Your homeowners would cover it for theft or damage if it was totaled, but you'd still have to pay your homeowners deductible which may be more than the cost of a new yak.
I'm pretty sure you can get insurance on them, I wonder if they'd cover the things you've added to it? i.e. fish finder, permanently mounted rod holders, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts