Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking to buy my first yak in the next month when I get home from overseas. My budget is around 1200, I really want a hobie with the mirage drive, I have found 2 within my price range, but I was an hour late both times. I really want an outback, but have been thinking about getting a sport as they seem easier to find. I have looked at the tridents, pescadors, and others online but just can't get past wanting to pedal and have hands free to fish with.
So pros and cons of the hobies, to paddle yaks all I can think of is I just don't want to paddle. I have read reviews of the sport, and people say it is big enough and others say it is too small.
Please folks give me some opinions. I am :confused1:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I like fishing inshore better in the winter. :).

I would also wait for the outback also get the newer hull design the older one had some structural issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guy, I am ready to try this sport out be home in 3 weeks and will be on the hunt hard for a kayak if I don't get my wife to pick one up before I get home.
Things I should look for that I know of so far: Make sure it is a V2 drive?
Check for cracks in the fins, rudder, and hull? Make sure the cables on the drive are good?
Anything else?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to call him today, I sent him an email but no answer. It is a pain in the butt trying to work out deals on the other side of the world and my wife, ugh, she doesn't really know what to look for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts