Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An informal gathering of kayakers is planned for Saturday, February 6 at 6 PM at the Hooters at the beach. Good place for local kayak war teams to get together!

This is Not a GCKFA sponsored event but some members will likely attend.Gottafish promised to show his 100 slides from the big king he caught last year!.............. just kidding!No program planned just hanging out!

Who's gonna attend?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
:banghead that's the same day as the Chili Cook-Off AND the Pirates of Lost Treasure Mardi Gras Flotilla at The Florabama :doh ... change of venue ?? :letsdrink:letsdrink:letsparty ... we are right ON the Gulf too :letsparty

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm up for Fri night instead,or the florabama Satif that means more people will come. Got the sitter thing worked out. Fred I'm embarrased to say I have never been to the Florabama!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I wasn't trying to change the date , I work that night AT The Florabama , and it's already going to be a good time , so it was just a suggestion :angel ... we are right ON the Gulf though , we have Food & Beverages :letsdrink ... plus some of the OB / GS guys wouldn't have to drive so far ?? ... either way enjoy yourselves and be SAFE !! :letsparty

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like FlorBama and it is closer for me!I choose Hooter's initially because they were a GCKFA sposor last year and may be this year. Lets see what the poll says. Maybe all should just send the money to me instead of spending on $ demon liquor?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'd like to meet up with you guys. Keeping it on Saturday the 6th is good for me. Depending on the weather I may be heading there from straight off the water.

Alex

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The 6th at hooters or flora is fine with me, depending on the weather we bring the yaks and fish some when we come to pcola

·
Registered
548 Posts
The whole team was good with the 6th @ hooter's. It is a meeting for PFF yakkers right? what better place than our beach. I really wouldn't want to have a few beers at the florabama and drive back to pcola.

it's up to the rest of the guy's, i'm just thinking its a great midway point for the majority of us.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Based on the feedback the "unofficial meeting" is "officially" scheduled for Saturday February 6 at 6 PM at Hooters. The poll results were 7 for leaving as originally scheduled and 2 to skip it and send the saved money to me! I tried to stuff the ballot box but it would not let me. Looks like I'll have to wait on that new reel and rod!

Pourman1, The towners, Gulf Breeze crowd and Destin bums just don't know what they are missing at FlorBama. Years ago we used to rent the house next to FlorBama but "progress" turned the spot into a condo parking garage.

Hard to say what the turn out will be but should be fun. We will have a good part of the first week of KW under our belt. I am buying a round for the KW team present at the gathering with the most points at that time. I hope its Neptune but the competition looks tough! Come to think of it a good strategy would be to get the leading Team so snockered they can't fish on sunday!

There is talk of some fishing on Saturday before the gathering. I hear the best spot is.............

All kayakers welcome, not just KW teams.I invited the Warden and she just rolled her eyes back and turned away!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would like to come but have a hard time commiting that far in advance...especially if the weather is nice we might fish sat morning. No time to waste with a team like Neptune out there....I bet this is just a scam...Neptune wont even be there they just set this up so we would be out on the town drinking while they were getting a 1000 point lead on everyone! Doc I know you are this sneeky.:letsdrink

·
Registered
10 Posts
Come on Chris, Doc is just a harmless old retire guy who likes to wet a line once or twice a month. Better sleep with one eye open huh? LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts